Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First BHAFC game

gonefishing

gonefishing
Oct 26, 2009
haywards heath
powneys testimonial v wolves around 1970 i think. 7 years old, my dad took me to see wolves and i have now had a lifetime of joy, anger, stress watching the albion. cheers dad!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
cant remember who we played but brian powney was in goal and he was absolutely shit, and we lost 2 or 3-0. Can remember being really gutted. Any of you historians guess at the opposition? the 2nd game i went to was not that long after and we won 1-0 with a Fred Binney header in about the 15th minute or something and it was great, i think it might have been halifax for that one.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The first game I remember going to was the quarter final against Norwich in 1983 - I think my uncle took me to a couple of games before then though...

The first away game I went to was away to 'Boro in 91 in the playoff run in, which 'Boro won 2-0... I'll never forget the away announcer shouting "And the second goal of the afternoon goes to STUAAAAAAAAAAAAAART RIPLEY!!!"

Don't ask me why that has stuck in my mind, because I haven't a clue, but I have an irrational hatred of all tannoy announcers now (Especially Buono at Leyton O, remember him?)

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Brighton v Crystal Palace in the north stand at the Goldstone 1975 I think. Sammy Morgan scored both in a two-nil win if my memory is working properly. Was 9 or 10 and went with my Dad, Uncle & Cousin. Got the bug and became a regular in the north stand from then on.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
Wrexham at Home 8th April 1972.

Won 3-2.

Sat in the south stand with my dad, and will always remember walking up the steps and seeing the pitch, the other stands and a packed north stand.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
28th February 1968, My ninth bithday
Brighton 1-0 Walsall (Wilkinson)

42 years ago today!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
My dad took me to the Goldstone to watch Brighton v Barrow. It must have been 1968. Cant remember the score, but it was amazing because i had never been with so many shouting people before in my life. It was in the south stand.
Never forget :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
1993 (I think), 0-0 vs Exeter. Stuart Munday had an amazingly long throw, that was what impressed me the most. Christ, I am so drunk that took me a long time to type.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well dine Bob! happy Albion Anniversary.

looking throught the thread, I am amazed how so many Albion fanatics started with such awful games, just how did they become hooked? Somebody mentioned a 0-0 with bristol rovers in the early 70's and I remember that game for it's sheer awfullness as an absolutly inepotent Albion team played a Rovers team with no intention of crossing the half way line.

Before 3 points for a win there would be many away teams who would play to hold the point they started with.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
page1nny.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here