Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your Favourite DJ of All Time

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Timbo - that brings back some childhood memories! I remember listening to him on Radio Mercury.
Yep, Radio Mercury weekday evening show from about 7pm, I think. Used to listen to him while doing my homework.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Annie Nightingale

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
John Peel, maybe for nostalgic reasons. Alice Cooper was really interesting to listen to dj’ing on Planet Rock for years until recently.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loved Timbo... was it a Sunday night show on local commercial radio? recall the jingle and pretty sure I had a badge.
Always liked Danny Pike.
Mainstream - Gary Davies... Scott Mills....Simon Mayo ( my email was read out on his new confessions pod the other week) am partial to Sara Cox.
The Timbo show on Radio Mercury (the heart of the saaaaaaff) was a fav of mine too.

Radio 5: Rhod Sharp (up all night), Nicky Campbell and Sheila Foggerty just the best for many years. But not really DJs, but honoury mentions as brilliant presenters.

Radio 1&2: many of the 80s stars already mentioned inc Steve Wright, Gary Gary Davies, Simon Mayo, Chris Evans, Terry Wogan and of course Ken Bruce. Jo Wiley and Sarah Cox too. Plenty on Radio 6 plus Mark Ratcliffe…so many on the Beeb really! Chris Tarrant on Capital back in the day too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Terry Garoghan.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wow 3 pages in and my favourites aren't mentioned yet.

Johnnie Walker in the 70's.
Noel Edmund's and his wonderful Sunday morning show.
Terry Wogan ( I know he had a mention) but who else could get away with a pretend fan or TOG texting in by the name of Rudolph Hucker.
Sussex's own Simon Mayo with his Drivetime show and Confessions

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There used to be a chap on Radio Sussex who I really respected. He had a late evening show that run around 21.00-22.00 period. I thought he was great because it was a phone in and a lot of older people, who clearly missed company, would call in and talk about their days. They could mention the daffodils or something utterly random and he would engage them in conversation like a friend. It was a real quality show.

He became a real favourite of mine because he was providing a service through radio. I think that art has been lost a bit.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Now, Gilles Peterson by a country mile, second Cerys. Back in the day, John Peel, Annie & that fella Ambrose, cheese upon cheese

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There used to be a chap on Radio Sussex who I really respected. He had a late evening show that run around 21.00-22.00 period. I thought he was great because it was a phone in and a lot of older people, who clearly missed company, would call in and talk about their days. They could mention the daffodils or something utterly random and he would engage them in conversation like a friend. It was a real quality show.

He became a real favourite of mine because he was providing a service through radio. I think that art has been lost a bit.
Sounds like Paul Miller’s show to me.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Jack Jackson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here