Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your end of transfer window predictions

Any further signings in this transfer window?

• Yes at least one new addition to the squad will be made

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • No, the window is slammed firmly shut for us. We will carry on with what we have

Votes: 156 65.0%

• Total voters

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Who are the stars

Mitoma/Pedro/Estupinian?

We can't afford to lose any of them 3 and we will likely lose Fati.
With the way the transfer markets are I don't think we are getting any eye watering offers that will make selling anyone attractive.

No we're not. We are well run.

Should we ever go down to the Championship again (realistically a possibility at some time - we're not Liverpool or Arsenal or Citeh) - we won't be going down with unsustainable wages and players on multi-million salaries which could kill us in the Championship.
There's plenty of teams that have done that and suffered!

I know, I know. I just feel like we are missing a huge opportunity, I am not sure without breaking type, that we can win a major trophy. Just my thoughts anyway and I don’t mean spend spend. I just mean backing the manager a little bit in an important window.

We don’t appear to have any wingers that are ready for this season or next coming through

He can hack it I’m sure although the man has been very successful with his preferred system two wingers receiving the ball after we’ve done a team on the press. He’s now trying to play three at the back with effectively two number 10’s because he has no wingers. Why the club didn’t give him a bit of help in the window is a strange decision. If Pedro is out tomorrow we will probably be lucky to get a draw.
The argument what happens when Mitoma and co return is irrelevant competition is healthy.

Agree with all of this.

He's basically saying he wanted players and the club said no, and significantly he's not hiding this fact

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Suggests he is s bit miffed.
Tough. It's the model that has got us to this position and we will not overpay for any player and especially not in the January window. He can coach the players he's got of which there are plenty. If we drop down a few places but remain sustainable its good enough for me and I'm very bored with the whinging of some of our more entitled fans.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
been a lot of debate over whether de zerbi actually wanted more players or was just referring to players coming back from injuries. those who wanted more signings generally took it to be the former, those who didn’t interpreted the latter.

whatever your thoughts are on the issue i think it is now pretty unambiguous as to how the manager feels

Tough. It's the model that has got us to this position and we will not overpay for any player and especially not in the January window. He can coach the players he's got of which there are plenty. If we drop down a few places but remain sustainable its good enough for me and I'm very bored with the whinging of some of our more entitled fans.

I know it is, but is this position it? Surely we want to aim higher? That is the bit I am confused about. I am a very competitive person, I want to win things and aim big, same with my career and life, and so I guess this is where my frustrations lie.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I know it is, but is this position it? Surely we want to aim higher? That is the bit I am confused about. I am a very competitive person, I want to win things and aim big, same with my career and life, and so I guess this is where my frustrations lie.
And Bloom isn't competitive? He's smart and knows that if aiming higher goes beyond what it takes to keep the club sustainable and we pay over the odds for an average player then we will ultimately have issues further down the road.
If RDZ is as good a coach as we think he is then he will absolutely not allow any frustrations he may or may not have to affect his preparation for the game. No one will have sold the club to RDZ by telling him we are going to spend big on players.
Also who's to say that the signings we have made this window won't be amazing players in a few months with everyone saying "Brighton have done it again - how do they keep finding these gems?"?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know, I know. I just feel like we are missing a huge opportunity, I am not sure without breaking type, that we can win a major trophy. Just my thoughts anyway and I don’t mean spend spend. I just mean backing the manager a little bit in an important window.
We'll have to cordially disagree on the policy then - no problem there, but one question. Who did we miss out on that was available and we could have got to provide that proverbial 'missing piece of the jigsaw' and propel us to greater glory? Dewsbury-Hall? - decent player, but nowhere near that magic bullet that would have changed the season - was there the opportunity to play it the way you would have liked anyway?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

i really don’t see it as entitled to be honest. that word gets thrown around a lot, but i don’t think there’s anything wrong with fans wanting us to do better. especially if the very good and promising manager we have also feels that particular way.

i think most would understand the club wanting to remain around 10th and be sustainable. i certainly would. and i would certainly rather that than us overpaying for players and ending up in trouble.

however over the past few months we have clearly been doing something very special on the pitch, and i don’t think you can really blame fans or the manager for being disappointed if they feel the club hasn’t really followed through off the pitch in a way that allows us to attempt to achieve this on a more consistent basis, as opposed to last season being a one-off. i certainly don’t think sneering at people and calling them entitled is very fair. whether or not that is actually the case, only time will tell (though RDZ obviously feels it is), but wanting the club to achieve more is not entitled. what would be entitled would be calling for us to be bought out by a petrostate as it is our right to be achieving at a certain level. but that hasn’t happened

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Roberto is always going to ‘want more’. More players, better players, better football from those players.
We know what we get with him in that he doesn’t keep his thoughts to himself.
I wish he would though as I don’t think it’s a ‘message’ I’d want to hear if I was say Carlos or Jakob.
I think it has an effect on the group.
I hope they are able to raise themselves for the big game tomorrow.
At least Roberto says that his focus is on the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here