[Albion] Your end of transfer window predictions

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any further signings in this transfer window?

• Yes at least one new addition to the squad will be made

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • No, the window is slammed firmly shut for us. We will carry on with what we have

Votes: 156 65.0%

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He clearly isn't happy but then I would not really expect him to be after we've just been stuffed by a team at the bottom of the table, so maybe an element of that in there as well.
He will cheer up, as will we all, when we thrash the South London clowns.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s a slightly confusing one , we knew Mac & Caicedo were off around March at least so 2 windows passing without any real drop in replacement seems very odd.

I don’t think it’s Tony reluctance to spend, so it’s either lack of viable targets (and let’s be honest how many clubs would sell in January any key player) or couldn’t secure the targets we wanted.

Kudus & KDH shows funds are there at least

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Tomorrow's squad will be missing nine or ten players who featured in the squad for the opening game of the season; Milner, Veltman, Dahoud, March, Adingra, Enciso, Mitoma, Alzate & probably Pedro will all be absent. Looking at that from RDZ's point of view you can see why he wanted more players in.

However of those, only March, Dahoud and Alzate are gone for the season and Webster, Fati, Baleba, Moder & Barco have all (or will in Barco's case) become part of the squad since. You can therefore see the club's point of view too.

With Veltman, Enciso, Adringa, Mitoma & Pedro all expected back this month and youngsters like Hinshelwood and Buonanotte maturing very quickly into important squad members, if we get luckier with injuries, we just need to get over the hump of February* in order to go through the rest of this season with a stronger squad than that with which we started the opening game of the season. It would have been nice to refresh those who have been doing so much work during the injury crisis, but we're also aware that bringing in a short term fix who doesn't know RDZ's methods and could take time to get up to speed, may not gain us much more than just awaiting the return of the players who know him.

In the end, we return to the Bloom policy. In his work life he bets when he feels he has a situational advantage and has been hugely successful in doing so. As an owner he makes a deal when he feels he has a situational advantage and has been hugely succesful in this too. During this window he didn't feel the circumstances were beneficial enough. My view is, probably the same as De Zerbi's: 'Shame, but considering his record, who am I to argue?'

* - It's so annoying that this hump includes a game against them up the road. Their only two talents fit for almost the first time this season and all of our wingers missing. Just absolutely typical of their recent luck in these fixtures.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It is what it is - we know we rarely spend in January so it's hardly a surprise.

What's frustrating is we're the equivalent of the building of a new block of flats. We get to the 15th floor then can't put the posh flats or penthouse apartments on the top without selling some bricks and having to rebuild the 10th floors upwards again. It's a shame we can't push the boat out a bit to try to develop the posh floors but ultimately it's not my money. It's Tony's.

At some point the builder gets frustrated and walks off site.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The club did not decide to not get anyone in, they did decide that they were not going to over pay for Dewsbury Hall, and Gil decided he would rather sit on his arse at Spurs.
We don't know how many other players were approached and quickly rejected us.
Unless anyone knows of a player that would have suited us, and moved for a reasonable fee and wage this window, can't we just agree it was not possible this window to deliver what was wanted, with the budget we are working with?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The club did not decide to not get anyone in, they did decide that they were not going to over pay for Dewsbury Hall, and Gil decided he would rather sit on his arse at Spurs.
We don't know how many other players were approached and quickly rejected us.
Unless anyone knows of a player that would have suited us, and moved for a reasonable fee and wage this window, can't we just agree it was not possible this window to deliver what was wanted, with the budget we are working with?
Really don’t think was asking for The earth just not 18,19 year olds just one ready to go player

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Really don’t think was asking for The earth just not 18,19 year olds just one ready to go player
Who though?
The only truly ready to go players would be those De Zerbi has worked with before, and have played some PL football. Mudryk or Solomon is the shortlist I have, but I don't fancy paying double what I pay now for my season ticket.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On to the next window then…..

My predictions are that the only player whom will be sold who we’d ideally like to keep will be Mitoma because of a £50m+ bid. It’ll also be goodbye to Lallana, Fati, Milner and maybe Moder & Lamptey too. A bit of a rebuild will be needed.

I’m hoping we then spend a bit of money on a quality DM (André from Fluminese?), a Solly March back-up (Bardghji obviously) and a right back of note. Maybe we’ll get that Osman chap to replace Mitoma too.

Of course, if any of these players have dodgy agents who insist on buy-out clauses etc, we’ll move on to other targets.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If you want some selective editing to counter his tiny head shake, how about this?

"Were you frustrated that you were not able to strengthen in that area (midfield)?"
"No, no"
Mate, You don't need to be seen shaking your head around like some poor sod with parkinson's disease.
Pretty sure that even the blinkered fan saw his reaction

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
On to the next window then…..

My predictions are that the only player whom will be sold who we’d ideally like to keep will be Mitoma because of a £50m+ bid. It’ll also be goodbye to Lallana, Fati, Milner and maybe Moder & Lamptey too. A bit of a rebuild will be needed.

I’m hoping we then spend a bit of money on a quality DM (André from Fluminese?), a Solly March back-up (Bardghji obviously) and a right back of note. Maybe we’ll get that Osman chap to replace Mitoma too.

Of course, if any of these players have dodgy agents who insist on buy-out clauses etc, we’ll move on to other targets.
Why do you want to get rid of Moder?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why do you want to get rid of Moder?
I don’t want to get rid of Moder but I’ve yet to see his pre-injury form or to see RDZ play him in a position where he can really affect the game. He was a central midfielder when we purchased him, if we’re not going to use him there, I struggle to see why RDZ would want to keep him.

Similar with Lamptey but due to fitness. If he is only fit enough to start a dozen games a season, RDZ will surely want him moved on.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Milner was not a “replacement” for Caicedo though was he ? And beating Sheffield Utd , Fulham, Palace and Luton wouldn’t have been “miracles” either. Just don’t buy idea that Bloom failing to spend is the silver bullet here.

Injuries in one area of the field. Then - yes. He’s been very unlucky. Fair enough.
He arguably was for this season. It became clear very quickly that Baleba isn’t ready to be that, so Milner surely was bought as the gap replacement.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gotta laugh....4 experts on sky sports every day for a month telling us who needs what and hardly a transfer happened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports