Your ALBION mojo

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually...

Where does that leave the 'supporter' who cannot afford to go at as many games as he and his family want to but still sits transfixed to SSn to 'follow' the game? Do they have an opinion?

Not a VALID one no. They really have to see what is being served up.

E.G

Brighton 0 1 MK Dons (El Abd s/o) doesnt really tell the full story other than The Albion lost.

But what really GRATES is when people havent been to at least one game so havent seen our new players (let alone our old ones) saying oh he's shit...no OTHER PEOPLE who have seen him may think he is shit...but its not YOUR opinion...its someone elses.

While we are on the subject a true supporter for my money is someone who is proud to say they support the Albion. None of this but I also support London Red & White Paedos, or London Russian Billionaires or Yanks Utd...follow/interest yes but not support.

To be honest if I know someone hasnt seen us recently (lets say this season) then quite frankly I dont give a shit whether they think Salde in or out, or Murray over Dickinson. What do they know? NOTHING other that what other people think.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually...

Where does that leave the 'supporter' who cannot afford to go at as many games as he and his family want to but still sits transfixed to SSn to 'follow' the game? Do they have an opinion?

Completely different situation and I have every sympathy for those who can't afford the exorbitant £24 to see the albion. I've given away my tickets on more than one occasion on here to fans who couldn't afford to watch the game.

And yes, I think a bloke who has the strip, mugs, scarves etc at home and then can't be arsed to see his team by choice rather than financial constraints is plastic. It's starting to piss me off I can tell you.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Completely different situation and I have every sympathy for those who can't afford the exorbitant £24 to see the albion. I've given away my tickets on more than one occasion on here to fans who couldn't afford to watch the game.

And yes, I think a bloke who has the strip, mugs, scarves etc at home and then can't be arsed to see his team by choice rather than financial constraints is plastic. It's starting to piss me off I can tell you.

Almost a £100 to see them at home mate...

:eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Almost begs if they can afford all that PARAPHENALIA then why cant they afford to go to the game?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calm down LEE. :lolol:

Everything pisses you off - let's not forget you get stroppy at 7 year olds wearing Man Utd tops and were going to ask Insider if they could ban entry to such kiddies FFS.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Almost begs if they can afford all that PARAPHENALIA then why cant they afford to go to the game?

For exiled fans the whole thing is a ball ache. Evening games are my best bet but almost impossible if you are going by train. After getting locked in after the Millwall game I missed the last train home (Coventry) and ended up at a mates house in Brighton. Bristol Rovers away last year meant I would have to leave halfway through the second half to stand any chance of getting home as well as paying 3 figures for the privaledge. I had to give it a miss. Norwich, this season will be similar.

Weekends are difficult as any game I go to means the whole of Saturday is out and with a wife and young son I have to pick and choose my passes. As a result I've seen 2 games this season and I wonder why I bother as we have been SHITHOUSE.

Back to the point - I have the mouse mat and the mug but not the time to see them much. When the lad grows up, it might be easier.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree about the EXILED fans, some probably cant go to any game, so merchandise is important, my point is tho is that they are not in a position to comment on who is good/bad etc having not seen them with their own eyes. I mean if I lived in say Australia I'd know we were doing "badly" because league tables dont lie...but I cant say whether the manager is doing a good or bad job, whether we have been lucky, unlucky, why have we been having so many sendings off, who is a good player, who is a bad player etc etc

Now as you have seen them twice and they have been shit means yours (to me) is valid because thats what you have seen. Its if you was saying "well of course I havent been this season but blimey that Gary Dicker should have replaced Navarro earlier or isnt Dickinson shit etc etc" on what do you base that opinion on? Other people of course, not your own.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now as you have seen them twice and they have been shit means yours (to me) is valid because thats what you have seen. Its if you was saying "well of course I havent been this season but blimey that Gary Dicker should have replaced Navarro earlier or isnt Dickinson shit etc etc" on what do you base that opinion on? Other people of course, not your own.
You've made this point about 3 times on this very thread. So who exactly is guilty of not going to games whilst commenting on team selection etc?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Totally lost interest in going at all mid way through last season but enjoyed the end of season and have enjoyed what I've seen so far this season. No longer worry too much if I have to do something other than go to Withdean, even though I'm not around to go that often these days.

Totally lost my Albion away mojo and haven't been to an away game for over two years.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cream Cheese Pringles, this is just starting up now.

Could I just add, I really don't get it, this I don't have money so can't go, therefore if you have money you should go or you're a crap fan? People have lives, children, work, hobbies, commitments, choices ... no one fan is better or worse than another we just CHOOSE to support in different ways. My 76 year old Mother will always want to know the score and how we played but can't be arsed to jog on down to Withdean, I feel she supports the club in her interest?

chill ... please, now where is my Albion mug I fancy a cuppa!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Calm down LEE. :lolol:

Everything pisses you off - let's not forget you get stroppy at 7 year olds wearing Man Utd tops and were going to ask Insider if they could ban entry to such kiddies FFS.

Is that the best you can do?

Everything pisses me off does it? Bit rich coming from the bloke who's been picking fights on this board left right and centre these last few months. I think you've mentioned the only contentious thread I've been involved in for ages.

By the way, you empathised with my stance on that both privately and publicly so you can quit trying to drag that up as a reason for belittling my viewpoint.

You're worse than Das Reich at times with your snidey posts and cute smilies at the end to try and make out it doesn't bother you and it's all a game.

How about you get back to the debate in hand, cut the smears and respond to the accusations that you're a plastic fan.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is that the best you can do?

Everything pisses me off does it? Bit rich coming from the bloke who's been picking fights on this board left right and centre these last few months. I think you've mentioned the only contentious thread I've been involved in for ages.

By the way, you empathised with my stance on that both privately and publicly so you can quit trying to drag that up as a reason for belittling my viewpoint.

You're worse than Das Reich at times with your snidey posts and cute smilies at the end to try and make out it doesn't bother you and it's all a game.

How about you get back to the debate in hand, cut the smears and respond to the accusations that you're a plastic fan.
as buzzer said, cut the smears and respond to the accusation,when was the last game you went to ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I cant decide what to have for lunch........

Chinese_Buffet.jpg

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I lost the love of the club when they left the Goldstone! I loved that place! There was no better feeling on game day/night when i would attend. I lived for the Goldstone Ground!

As far as im concerned the Brighton & Hove Albion that i knew, died as a club.

I see the current club as an MK dons type of set up.

"Going down the old shoreham road" was lengendary.

To break off from the Simster v Buzzer/Bushy debate for the moment, what the hell does "I see the current club as an MK Dons type of set up" mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports