Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you've grown up when...

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
...in my case it was saying to my local garage the other day "I'd like to book the car in for a full service please and can you change the cambelt?".

Anyone else have any defining moments of adulthood?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I do the "urghhhhh" when bending over and also I found myself dicussing prices of different products in different supermarkets and comparing

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
...in my case it was saying to my local garage the other day "I'd like to book the car in for a full service please and can you change the cambelt?".

Anyone else have any defining moments of adulthood?

With that reply the thread should have read.............you know when you are minted when.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why is that adult? I was ordering major repairs on my cars at 17.

Maybe Madam Cholet is a bit more careful with their car?

Or they didn't kick off a classic Mini which breaks down every couple of miles (allegedly).

For me, I felt like an adult when I started supporting my dear old ma financially. Not neccessarily pleasant. Especially at the moment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...buying alcohol in Tesco's and you're thrilled to be asked for ID.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I found out that I'd grown up when my son got himself a pet hamster and introduced me to it as " grandad "

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
telling the misses to turn the music down.....and, the ultimate, buying a toolbox recently!!!! proper one, eyed them all up, and thought, "ohhh that one is great."

proper grown up now.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
when you see a fit young bird in a mini skirt and cropped top, and your first thoughts are 'she'll catch a death of a cold wearing that'

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Watching footy on telly when a manager or tv pundit appears, telling my nephews "I used to love watching him play, he was a great player in his day"

Realising your GP is much much younger than you

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
When your the one who would rather be drinking Harvey's with your mates inside a pub on a wet rainy day, as opposed to being outside with a gang of underage french kids who want Vodka instead.

Jesus, it's been forever since I posted on this board.

D

Deleted member 18477

Getting tired regulary during the week just after dinner.

Monday to Friday... Work, gym, dinner, start to fall asleep on the sofa, BED!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
This thread has had me in stiches as I identify with all of them....keep 'em coming...

for me its when you start sentences with...'in my day'....or 'at the goldstone'.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here