[Food] Yorkshire Pudding.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• 8C09A003-66F4-4874-8B74-25284FF2AF99.jpeg
    8C09A003-66F4-4874-8B74-25284FF2AF99.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 24

Jul 7, 2003
Definitely not, as a veggie I enjoy them, I had a mushroom wellington with Yorkshire puddings for Sunday lunch in a pub recently.
Not taking the push but as proper Yorkshire puddings should be cooked in beef dripping, do you have to check with the pub first? My vegetarian sister in law, was round while we were eating dinner once and nicked a roast potato. She wanted to know how we had got them so tasty and we didn’t have the heart to tell her it was because they were cooked in beef dripping.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not taking the push but as proper Yorkshire puddings should be cooked in beef dripping, do you have to check with the pub first? My vegetarian sister in law, was round while we were eating dinner once and nicked a roast potato. She wanted to know how we had got them so tasty and we didn’t have the heart to tell her it was because they were cooked in beef dripping.
I don’t eat meat because of a health problem, so that wouldn’t bother me.
Good advice though thank you.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Yorkshire pudding is appropriate with any meal, any time.

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you get whatever you want for dinner

Edited cos I'm an arse.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh god, after the whisky snobs, the coffee snobs, the craft beer snobs, now we've got the Christmas Dinner police. Just let people enjoy what they like eh? Talk about a 'proper' Yorkshire pudding recipe, f*ck me.

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you get whatever you want for dinner
I wasn't aware that anyone was stopping you from eating what you want? Was merely pointing out that as fas as l was aware, traditionally speaking when it came to roast dinners, Yorkshire pud was served with roast beef, but feel free to pour custard over them if that's your preference!

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I wasn't aware that anyone was stopping you from eating what you want? Was merely pointing out that as fas as l was aware, traditionally speaking when it came to roast dinners, Yorkshire pud was served with roast beef, but feel free to pour custard over them if that's your preference!
Apologies, I was kept up most of the night by an excited child, and have clearly got up on the wrong side of bed. I should know better than to post when grumpy!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Obviously should only be with beef...........BUT I'll have them with any roast or almost anything and on their own in any county or country!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I tend to agree actually. I mean, the term roast beef with yourshire pudding is weel known, and a classic combo in my opinion.

Sure l like the other roasts too, lamb teamed with mint sauce, port with apple sauce, chicken with cranberry etc, but to my mind roast beef with a yorkshire pudding is a match made in heaeven.
Your meat and sauce matching seems to have gone awry at the end there, shirley you meant roast beef and horseradish.....with yorkies on the side.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yorkies with jam, and optional cream for dessert is more normal than custard :) but perhaps Yorkie desserts are for another thread altogether.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Your meat and sauce matching seems to have gone awry at the end there, shirley you meant roast beef and horseradish.....with yorkies on the side.
That's true, why did l forget the horseradish? . . . Dijon mustard goes very well with beef too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone mentioned bread sauce!! Why cook something to perfection and smother it in soggy bread urggghhhhhhh.

Jul 7, 2003
Someone mentioned bread sauce!! Why cook something to perfection and smother it in soggy bread urggghhhhhhh.
Bread sauce in leftovers sandwiches is really nice. Acts like a mayonnaise to give flavour and a little creaminess to the cold meats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here