Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Yorkshire Pudding.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Should only be served with roast beef shirley?

There seems to be a tendency now to serve up a yorkie pud with any kind of roast meat nowadays, whatever the species, be it beef, lamb, pork, lamb, chicken et al.

I mean, will you be eating one with the turkey tomorrow?

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m not sure they are needed because a Turkey roast should contain so many other elements, there simply shouldn’t be enough room on the plate. You can get your carbs from roast potatoes and bread sauce.

However, they are ‘required’ tomorrow by other family members (who don’t eat a lot else) so will be served.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have forgotten about these !
So, along with sprouts will sadly be omitted.
It just won't be the same.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m not sure they are needed because a Turkey roast should contain so many other elements, there simply shouldn’t be enough room on the plate. You can get your carbs from roast potatoes and bread sauce.

However, they are ‘required’ tomorrow by other family members (who don’t eat a lot else) so will be served.
I tend to agree actually. I mean, the term roast beef with yourshire pudding is weel known, and a classic combo in my opinion.

Sure l like the other roasts too, lamb teamed with mint sauce, port with apple sauce, chicken with cranberry etc, but to my mind roast beef with a yorkshire pudding is a match made in heaeven.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Which reminds me Mike, were you ever reunited with your luggage and your newly purchased replica shirt?
My luggage turned up just over a week later and I pushed for and got $270 from Qantas for another case, as they totally wrecked it.
Contents survived ok.
I also got, $780 from travel insurance I took out for the inconvenience.
Result !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My luggage turned up just over a week later and I pushed for and got $270 from Qantas for another case, as they totally wrecked it.
Contents survived ok.
I also got, $780 from travel insurance I took out for the inconvenience.
Result !
Well next time you visit these shores, losing you luggage again should be a priority!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
BE416000-12DE-469F-BA76-4F5B44E3EA07.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In Yorkshire, the puddings were often served as a starter to fill you up before the meat and vegs. Therefore not necessarily, 'going' with any meat.

Large Yorkshire puddings with sausages and gravy inside are delicious.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
In Yorkshire, the puddings were often served as a starter to fill you up before the meat and vegs. Therefore not necessarily, 'going' with any meat.

Large Yorkshire puddings with sausages and gravy inside are delicious.
My grandmother was from South Yorkshire and she always served them as a flat pancake-style starter covered in gravy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here