Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yer uvver arf and football

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
My girlfriend hates watching football on the telly, but until last Saturday she had never been to a game.
She paid for me and her to go to the game against Wigan last Saturday as my 21st birthday present and went there not expecting much. By the last 20mins she was biting her nails, jumping up everytime we had a shot and trying to learn a few songs! Yesterday she even asked if she could come to the next away game I go to so she can see if Home or away is better! One other half well and truly converted :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mine is aware of how we are doing but doesnt have an emotional attachtment , which is the way I like it.

Footbal = mans sport , lads time

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Mine hates football but understands that its a big part of my life and so is respectful about it. She looks at the scores when I'm at games so she knows what sort of mood I'm likely to be in when I get home and at least pretends to look interested when I rant on about a game or player or ref.

It works. I don't take the piss out of her gardening shows and she doesn't take the piss out of the Albion.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I don't watch 99% of other live games on the TV, and give her time alone when I'm in my Albion seat for 23 games of the season. This has enabled me to not expect an argument over the TV listings when we're on. She's supportive enough (it could be a front but she's trying).

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My wife detests the sport with a passion.......so I love it when I catch her subconsciously singing either the Oscar or the Leo song that she has picked up from the kids. She knows all the words. When she knows all the words to GOSBTS I will renew our vows.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My wife likes football but doesn't go out of her way to watch it. When she does she really enjoys it and gets quite worked up without being irritating about it (no endless questions or all of a sudden expert opinions like many part timers ((especially men)) ). In fact, come to think of it she's pretty good company to watch a bit of soccer ball with.

Also, she loves Brighton and England (she's a Johnny Foreigner) so even if she doesn't follow the respective teams all the time, she has a genuine desire for them to win. Or that should probably read, she feels genuinely down when they lose.

Took her to a rainy Withdean for our second date :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not interested in football at all but sort of sees herself as an honoroary fan. Finds my obsession a bit funny and hasnt stopped me brainwashing my eldest who is really gutted that because my wife is on a course in London end of June she wont be able to attend a friendly at the Amex (unless there a game before 13th July).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As much as she hates football, she has seen the Albion play about 10 times, and never seen us lose.

In the early Withdean years, Mrs P came to 18 games before she saw us lose. She hasn't been since, and I've yet to take her up The Amex.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Mine told me you love Brighton more than me !!! The writing was on the wall for me.
Let me think here Ex or Millwall away NO CONTEST Lol !!!!!!!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My other half dislikes football, but that doesn't mean she doesn't understand the game or the affect it has on me. She walked in to the lounge and looked at the score, her face froze, she looked at me and then walked back out. She knew I would have the right Royal hump and would not try to brush it off as 'just a game'.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Absolutely hates it and can't really see what interest people would find in it. Don't hink she really liked the small amount of money I do spend on going to matches but it g ets the boy out of the way now as well so maybe more approving :)

Last edited:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My wife is completely disinterested in football. If you asked her who she supported, she would say "No-one". I'm hoping to take her to a game this season at some point, but I don't think it would change her mind. She has said in the past she would come along to see a match if we got into the Premier League. I'm not sure why she thinks she would find this more exciting, as, as previously stated, she has no interest in football. Is she the definition of a JCL? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here