Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YAYonardo Ulloa

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
In fairness if CMS doesn't flourish within this set-up I will be hanging up my Team CMS onesie.

But I certainly won't doing that after his first game back.

In fairness, CMS never suited the Poyet style and that was obvious for all to see, under Garcia with more players breaking forward from midfield I can see a use for CMS as an impact sub for the last 30 minutes to win the ball and create pressure on the defence so our midfield can then pick the ball up and look to make a use of it. Thing is that for his wages that's not a lot, Alex Revell could be doing that for us and he wouldn't cost anything like as much.

He's never going to play upfront again for us unless we get an incredible offer for Ulloa or god forbid he breaks a leg or something.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And Ankergren
Greer
Upson
Hoskins
Agustien
El-Abd
Dunk
Bruno

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

You think that Hoskins is a worse finisher than CMS?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAhAH

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAH

Hoskins with every injury he has ever carried all at once would still put the ball into the net more often than CMS.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well if it's your opinion then it must be correct. Missed a good game today Husty, should have been there :wink:

Ahh yes the old you don't go to games line, you missed an excellent game at Birmingham last week, doesn't change the fact that you're obviously a bit clueless about football if you think CMS is a better finisher than half the people on your list.

As an aside, did you ever go to the Withdean or are you a JCL?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ahh yes the old you don't go to games line, you missed an excellent game at Birmingham last week, doesn't change the fact that you're obviously a bit clueless about football if you think CMS is a better finisher than half the people on your list.

As an aside, did you ever go to the Withdean or are you a JCL?

Me not going to Birmingham was a simple matter of lack of finances, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Half the people on my list eh? Let's say the first three who are better finishers are Agustien, Hoskins and Bruno, are you seriously suggesting that any one of Ankergren, Greer, Upson, El-Abd and Dunk are better finishers than CMS? Anyone who believes THAT has to be pretty clueless about football if you ask me! So he whacks out the very tired old JCL line, I wasn't even into football prior to last season but then the Euros got me into it (even if England were pretty crap) and I made the decision to support Brighton because they were a local team (I wasn't going to support the Creepers) not because of comfy seats, good pies or anything like that. I went to as many games as I could last season and I now have a ST and I would say I'm as passionate as any other supporter.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Me not going to Birmingham was a simple matter of lack of finances, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Half the people on my list eh? Let's say the first three who are better finishers are Agustien, Hoskins and Bruno, are you seriously suggesting that any one of Ankergren, Greer, Upson, El-Abd and Dunk are better finishers than CMS? Anyone who believes THAT has to be pretty clueless about football if you ask me! So he whacks out the very tired old JCL line, I wasn't even into football prior to last season but then the Euros got me into it (even if England were pretty crap) and I made the decision to support Brighton because they were a local team (I wasn't going to support the Creepers) not because of comfy seats, good pies or anything like that. I went to as many games as I could last season and I now have a ST and I would say I'm as passionate as any other supporter.

Well it's pretty simple my good chum, if you don't want me to question your support then don't question mine. Saying you 'werent even into football' doesnt change the fact that you're a JCL, now there's nothing wrong with that until you start questioning my support which I would like to point out you did before I so much as used the phrase JCL.

As to your point, El-Abd has always done very well with the very occasional goal-scoring chance he gets. As to Mathew Upson I will direct you to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpylfWGAR4E (You probably missed it at the time).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As to your point, El-Abd has always done very well with the very occasional goal-scoring chance he gets. As to Mathew Upson I will direct you to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpylfWGAR4E (You probably missed it at the time).

Yeah because they've both scored much better goals than CMS, haven't they? Upson misses tons of chances. Miss seeing CMS score with an overhead kick last year did you?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah because they've both scored much better goals than CMS, haven't they? Upson misses tons of chances. Miss seeing CMS score with an overhead kick last year did you?

I did, I havnt missed him doing horrible things to simple chance after simple chance though. Tommy Fraser scored an overhead kick, look where he is now plying his trade.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Well it's pretty simple my good chum, if you don't want me to question your support then don't question mine. Saying you 'werent even into football' doesnt change the fact that you're a JCL, now there's nothing wrong with that until you start questioning my support which I would like to point out you did before I so much as used the phrase JCL.

I never questioned your support, I simply said you should have been at the game. Upson's goal was a very good header but until he scores a bicycle kick or a one hit finish like the one CMS got against Wolves then I would be inclined to think CMS is still the better finisher.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did, I havnt missed him doing horrible things to simple chance after simple chance though. Tommy Fraser scored an overhead kick, look where he is now plying his trade.
Orlandi is the most wasteful of 'simple' chances.

But it's not cool to say that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Orlandi is the most wasteful of 'simple' chances.

But it's not cool to say that.

If Andrea has more than two seconds to think about a chance, he fluffs it. If it's a split-second thing then he instinctively smacks it in. The further out, the higher the rate of success. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ulloa is a more complete striker than Bobby Zamora was and had we been able to sign him and Upson last August instead of January we would have gone up as champions.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought he was immense today.
I am seriously worried that Michu will go to Arsenal and Swansea will come in with .
a big offer for Leo
His first touch is sublime, he holds defenders off as he shields the incoming ball. His neck muscles are amazing, that ball was floated in today and from 18 yards he powered the ball into the corner, the same against Derby, again when there wasnt a lot of pace on the cross.
Throw into the mix his tracking back and defensive work at corners......we must keep hold of him at all costs.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I remember watching clips of him on YT before we signed him, his heading was awesome, i thought that perhaps they had just picked out the best bits, didn't realise he would score great headers on a regular basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here