Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YAYonardo Ulloa

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Extraordinary header & his hold up play us fantastic, the clubs after Barnes & Bridcutt are watching the wrong player

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Simply sublime, was really worried when he went down in the first half

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. A headless chicken who can't control a football is exactly the type of player we need alongside him
Nobody is asking CMS to control it, that's Ulloa's job.
CMS will be there to smack it into the back of the net.

Irrespective of last season no centre back will want to face CMS & Ulloa in our current style of play.
T'was easy last season with only one of them and nobody passing the ball forward.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
He was comfortably a class above everyone else today. Quality :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ulloa looks leaner and much fitter than last season, physic looks a lot better and he is class at heading - really will score quite a few goals this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we will be fighting off offers in the next week or so for him.

He is far better than second division football and I would have thought that he would walk into most premiership teams.

A striker that scores goals, holds up the ball, and roughs up centre halfs. Reminds me a lot of alan shearer.

He wins every header from a corner, whether attacking or defending.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not just the goals that impress me, his all round play, strength, turn of pace, passing just make his a complete player. Big season ahead

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Irrespective of last season no centre back will want to face CMS & Ulloa in our current style of play.
T'was easy last season with only one of them and nobody passing the ball forward.

Ahh yes just who we want to give all our best chances to - the worst finisher at the club :facepalm: If we want to play 2 up front (and we dont) then we would be better off sticking Barnes alongside him as that way some of the chances created might actually get put away, CMS can toil out on the left wing or better yet get sold to one of these northern hoofball clubs that bizaarely seem to rate the bloke so highly for whatever reason (it surely cannot be his footballing ability because he really doesn't have nay).

Oct 25, 2003
Basically every time our players put a good cross (doesn't even need to be brilliant) into the box there's a ridiculously high chance of a goal. He's absolutely out of this world in the air. His hold up play is better than anyones I've ever seen at the club (Zamora and Murray included).

Zamora scored about 15 goals for us in this division, albeit in a much weaker side and he was younger...I'd be highly surprised if Ulloa doesn't completely blitz that amount. Quickly becoming an all time great for the club.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

We can't possible expect the anti CMS brigade to understand that can we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ahh yes just who we want to give all our best chances to - the worst finisher at the club :facepalm: If we want to play 2 up front (and we dont) then we would be better off sticking Barnes alongside him as that way some of the chances created might actually get put away, CMS can toil out on the left wing or better yet get sold to one of these northern hoofball clubs that bizaarely seem to rate the bloke so highly for whatever reason (it surely cannot be his footballing ability because he really doesn't have nay).

We can't possible expect the anti CMS brigade to understand that can we?
In fairness if CMS doesn't flourish within this set-up I will be hanging up my Team CMS onesie.

But I certainly won't doing that after his first game back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here