Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor ,,,,,,Cant take it seriously anymore

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
First one this series I have had to watch. Normally bugger off and read a book or play the X-Box when the wife and kids are watching it but last night, sadly, I was trapped on the sofa due to knee pain that stopped me moving.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages to be fair as my nine year old echos the OP on this thread, as does my half-pissed mate on his Facebook page while my wife wears a "told you so" expression and I plead with someone, anyone, to please fetch me more gin and a pair of earplugs.

The two in question will stay in the live finals for quite a while as Cowell feigns mock horror every week while his ratings and profits go through the roof through massive thickos voting for them to wind Cowell up (note, it doesn't, literally the only two things he cares about are money and fame). They'll eventually go out to a "proper" singer with about three rounds left and will end up presenting a Euro Pop show on whatever the third string channel of MTV is called these days, with Cowell and Walsh taking 10% each of their wages.

Dear God I hope someone can fix my knee, or at least find me more gin.

Louis Walsh has made millions out of Jedward and with their popularity fading now he needs a new ''cash cow'' to take their place

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't UNDERSTAND why people ALWAYS say it is only THICKOS, WEIRDOS or DIM people who phone up and VOTE or TEXT. I VOTE on every show for MY favourite and SOMETIMES I even vote TWICE if I am UNDECIDED

Ernest - You are tempting fate of a response from some people

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I totally get it that everyone is different and being gay is no issue whatsoever.

The part I don't understand is going into the shop selling that outfit - trying it on and then saying ''yes I'll take it'' - Surely the shop assistant doesn't say ''it looks great on you'' ?

I'm ashamed to say I know it was handmade.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If you've never seen it....watch ' AbLisa ' on the X Factor....please, just for me, do it.....one of the defining moments in modern musical history.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ottavio was in my form at secondary school. Sad wanker that auditioned for every X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and all that shite every single year til he realised he didn't have enough talent to do it as a 'serious' singer.

Just in case you were in any doubt, he is a complete **** and one of the biggest thickos I have ever met.

I can see he has been on Coach Trip as well. Sounds persistent and it’s paid off being a sad wanker. If you are very camp you might as well try and earn a living out of it I guess.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the problem occurs when folk see it as serious TV. It's clear that some 'acts' go through as pure pantomime. The two depicted are just that- pure click bait. Much of this must be orchestrated.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the problem occurs when folk see it as serious TV. It's clear that some 'acts' go through as pure pantomime. The two depicted are just that- pure click bait. Much of this must be orchestrated.

I do have my suspicions that the OP is also a big fan of watching, and getting annoyed by, wrestling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you've never seen it....watch ' AbLisa ' on the X Factor....please, just for me, do it.....one of the defining moments in modern musical history.

I've seen that, and would have been exposed to it regardless. There is part of me that worries whether youngsters like that should be allowed on. It's becomes a socially acceptable version of a Victorian freak show.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Now chaps when I said ' don't ake it seriously anymore' it was a figure of speech and badly presented.... I honetly think the whole thing is a joke and the judges MUST be told who to put through......after all how would their credability in the music business stand up?

Even noticed that Louis Walsh alway chooses boy bands? say no more.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I gave up watching it when the judges stopped slagging off the other judges acts and all started praising all acts to try and get the download count up I imagine?

The best part of the the show was the slagging off, it was never about talent because there was never much on display other than karaoke acts.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anymore????

It's embarrassing manufactured shite from day one, aimed at fleecing the stupid and the gullible into paying premium rate phone calls and buying bland minor chord predictable ballads to increase Cowell's bank balance.

Particularly the mere recent changes of having the whole family backstage screaming for their family's hopeful wannabe and the ridiculous Chair business designed to try to milk some more emotion as they get spared/dumped.....utter tosh.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The quicker this sort of utter rubbish is taken off the air the better! I will admit in the early days of X Factor I enjoyed it, now it is well past it's sell by date, that idiot Louis Walsh and the others are a complete waste of time! quite simply the show has lost it, it is the "same old same old" and obvious and boring! why do i half watch it nowadays? my wife sadly still likes it.........................i will say no more..........

Just had to endure this programme before switching channels for the football

Louie Walsh.....puts through 2 "men" who had no singing skill and honestly call me what you what but I dont think they should be acting like they do on TV when there are so many kids watching.

Maybe im just old fashioned? I have nothing against gays but I dont like that sort of thing on TV..( i mean the way they were acting)

OK Flame away

Is it still on the tv?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Please don't tell me that Walsh has unearthed another Jedwood, i dont think i could stand it.
To think that a lot of people actually liked them and purchased their records almost made me want to cry, but i suppose if you look down the years, Mr Blooby, The Wombles, Cheryl Cole etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please don't tell me that Walsh has unearthed another Jedwood, i dont think i could stand it.
To think that a lot of people actually liked them and purchased their records almost made me want to cry, but i suppose if you look down the years, Mr Blooby, The Wombles, Cheryl Cole etc.

These 2 are even worse than Jedward they offer absolutely nothing and that is to say nothing about the old rapper they kept bringing in chucking out and finally keeping in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here