Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor ,,,,,,Cant take it seriously anymore

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
About time this 'show' was put out of everyone's misery. Anyone with any sort of singing talent would have auditioned by now if they wanted to get famous this way.

The quality must be awful by now (I'm assuming as I haven't watched for years).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oh, are they gay?

AgIuNgBA.jpg

Any hole's a goal, Ern.

I'm wearing my COPY of that down to the Cliftonville in the morning but mine is made from MALTESERS

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It's Opportunity Knocks for people with smartphones and thick brains

I can't believe people still watch it and actually believe they are voting and choosing the eventual winner. It's contrived bollocks.

Also, the way people who are eccentric and/or have mental issues are put on stage as part of a modern day freak show for ridicule in the name of entertainment. Very sad.

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
I can't believe people still watch it and actually believe they are voting and choosing the eventual winner. It's contrived bollocks.

Also, the way people who are eccentric and/or have mental issues are put on stage as part of a modern day freak show for ridicule in the name of entertainment. Very sad.

This is the for me what changes it from a piece of harmless light entertainment for the family into something distasteful.

like these 2 girls. Who were pre auditioned and told by the producers/crew that they are just what the judges are looking for and to call themselves " The Stunners "

Cue the preplanned jokes, edited in judges/audience facial expression and silences. Mixed with average singers and girls who don't match up to societies idea of airbrushed magazine cover beauty and you have a nice easy cheap laugh. Just a shame it's at someone else expense in front of millions.

Just to make it even more humiliating have shots of the family looking on helplessly as their daughter/sister is taken to pieces in the name of entertainment. The close up of the younger sisters face at 3:21 is pretty sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_APSeu_SY&spfreload=10

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just had to endure this programme before switching channels for the football

Louie Walsh.....puts through 2 "men" who had no singing skill and honestly call me what you what but I dont think they should be acting like they do on TV when there are so many kids watching.

Maybe im just old fashioned? I have nothing against gays but I dont like that sort of thing on TV..( i mean the way they were acting)

OK Flame away
April 1st.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
One of the main reasons why the music industry is so crap right now. There's no incentive to work hard like the greats did. All you have to do is have a sob story and sing a bit. It's almost like a soap opera, always has been, that's how bad it is and I really wish it was gone.

I bloody hate it when my mum says I should go on that tripe (the programme, not Louis Walsh). It's a sad state of affairs when people think that that's the only way someone with talent can get anywhere.

I'm going to watch the new Oasis film soon, that's how it should be done. The point isn't really to get famous, but to have the time of your life with your mates on the road, while you're doing the thing you love. Programmes like this totally bypass all that, and it makes me sick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First one this series I have had to watch. Normally bugger off and read a book or play the X-Box when the wife and kids are watching it but last night, sadly, I was trapped on the sofa due to knee pain that stopped me moving.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages to be fair as my nine year old echos the OP on this thread, as does my half-pissed mate on his Facebook page while my wife wears a "told you so" expression and I plead with someone, anyone, to please fetch me more gin and a pair of earplugs.

The two in question will stay in the live finals for quite a while as Cowell feigns mock horror every week while his ratings and profits go through the roof through massive thickos voting for them to wind Cowell up (note, it doesn't, literally the only two things he cares about are money and fame). They'll eventually go out to a "proper" singer with about three rounds left and will end up presenting a Euro Pop show on whatever the third string channel of MTV is called these days, with Cowell and Walsh taking 10% each of their wages.

Dear God I hope someone can fix my knee, or at least find me more gin.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh, are they gay?

AgIuNgBA.jpg

Any hole's a goal, Ern.

I totally get it that everyone is different and being gay is no issue whatsoever.

The part I don't understand is going into the shop selling that outfit - trying it on and then saying ''yes I'll take it'' - Surely the shop assistant doesn't say ''it looks great on you'' ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here