Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF !!! - People wonder why this country is in such a mess !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So, due to circumstances our household has had to apply for working tax credits and we checked it using the online calculator.

Got the manual form sent, filled it out and sent it back. As we hadn't heard anything after four weeks we phoned HMRC. Great, an hours wait just to be told you shouldn't phone for an update for at least EIGHT weeks after your application. Wait the eight weeks to be told "Why did you wait so long to chase ?" - Errrr - excuse f**king me !!!!!

Oh, by the way, we appear to have lost your application. We'll send another form.

Two days later a small cheque arrives - no covering letter or anything. Two days later a letter arrives saying we hadn't provide bank details ( which WERE on the form ). Two days later another letter arrives with the calculation of entitlement which ignores entirely the fact we have a dependent child and gets my partners work hours completely wrong DESPITE it all being completed on the form.

Ring up ( over an hours wait again ) and give the details AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Letter today, thank you for your updated bank details but still showing no child and the wrong work hours.

What kind of morons do HMRC employ ? Really ??

To top it all off, there is no government minister in charge of HMRC so you have nobody other than HMRC to complain to about their utter shambolic incompetence.

And don't even get me started on how pathetic the council tax department in B&H Council is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** and breathe ****

Seriously, how difficult should this be ? Why not send all the letters together and save LOADS of money ( as single simple example ) ? It's despairing that this countries governmental departments seem incapable of even the most basic of tasks.

Ah. So you have joined the ranks of benefit scrounges you claim to hate! That's dovetailed nicely don't you think.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
just wait until you start applying for your pension

Indeed, I left 7 years ago and some thought I was mad turning my back on a final salary scheme.
However, with each passing year, the deficit grows bigger and bigger I think all ex-EDS'ers will get "Maxwell'd" with their pensions.

BTL will hopefully help me a bit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's what happens when the last few governments have made huge cost savings in cutting 'red tape' and making improvements and efficiencies.

Coincidentally, there were some people on the news today who had made some sort of protest about it. Maybe you should support them ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ah. So you have joined the ranks of benefit scrounges you claim to hate! That's dovetailed nicely don't you think.

You seem to have confused me with someone else - please quote me a post I've made suggesting people claiming benefits are scrongers ? I'm sure you'll find many posts I've made defending people that rightfully make claims, and maybe a few criticising people that claim what they aren't entitled to. I doubt you'll find any with me calling people scrongers and I tend to find that people that use that word have never been unfortunate enough to have to go through the demeaning and shambolic processes you are forced to go through to claim a few quid you're rightfully due.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You seem to have confused me with someone else - please quote me a post I've made suggesting people claiming benefits are scrongers ? I'm sure you'll find many posts I've made defending people that rightfully make claims, and maybe a few criticising people that claim what they aren't entitled to. I doubt you'll find any with me calling people scrongers and I tend to find that people that use that word have never been unfortunate enough to have to go through the demeaning and shambolic processes you are forced to go through to claim a few quid you're rightfully due.

Yawn. No offence, I just don't think the reason this country is in a mess is because you can't sort your tax credits out. As you were.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wear a suit and am very trustworthy thank you.

Never trust a man in a track suit perhaps (unless they are partaking in sport).

Haha superb!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I work in an office and wear shorts and t shirt :)

Visited Malta years ago when the kids were young.
Went to Popeye's Village and the museum in Valletta I think.
Got the worst drivers IMO -- they used to have right of way onto roundabouts even tho you were were already on them.
And what about all those towns that begin with Z and X FFS :mad:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So, due to circumstances our household has had to apply for working tax credits and we checked it using the online calculator.

Got the manual form sent, filled it out and sent it back. As we hadn't heard anything after four weeks we phoned HMRC. Great, an hours wait just to be told you shouldn't phone for an update for at least EIGHT weeks after your application. Wait the eight weeks to be told "Why did you wait so long to chase ?" - Errrr - excuse f**king me !!!!!

Oh, by the way, we appear to have lost your application. We'll send another form.

Two days later a small cheque arrives - no covering letter or anything. Two days later a letter arrives saying we hadn't provide bank details ( which WERE on the form ). Two days later another letter arrives with the calculation of entitlement which ignores entirely the fact we have a dependent child and gets my partners work hours completely wrong DESPITE it all being completed on the form.

Ring up ( over an hours wait again ) and give the details AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Letter today, thank you for your updated bank details but still showing no child and the wrong work hours.

What kind of morons do HMRC employ ? Really ??

To top it all off, there is no government minister in charge of HMRC so you have nobody other than HMRC to complain to about their utter shambolic incompetence.

And don't even get me started on how pathetic the council tax department in B&H Council is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** and breathe ****

Seriously, how difficult should this be ? Why not send all the letters together and save LOADS of money ( as single simple example ) ? It's despairing that this countries governmental departments seem incapable of even the most basic of tasks.

I understand that Sir Humphrey Appleby has written directly to you with the following response, which will clearly resolve your concerns:

I do see that there is a real dilemma here. In that, while it has been government policy to regard policy as a responsibility of Ministers and administration as a responsibility of Officials, the questions of administrative policy can cause confusion between the policy of administration and the administration of policy, especially when responsibility for the administration of the policy of administration conflicts, or overlaps with, responsibility for the policy of the administration of policy.

Yours Sir Humphrey

You are now fully equipped to complain to the appropriate area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here