Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WSL Frictionless bar

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If the email is correct then that's no wine, no ale and no hot drinks, have they actually monitored what the average customer in the middle West Lower drinks?

No burgers or hotdogs either. Very limited range of options to make it easy for the AI system to work.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Answering my own question, possibly, it looks like it uses cameras to monitor what is taken...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Answering my own question, possibly, it looks like it uses cameras to monitor what is taken...

It does use cameras I asked the people at the 'payment' bit. They check if there's 2 people together, you pick up what you need and then go. Far quicker than queuing at the bar. I did tell him to check his bank statement to make sure he hasn't been charged for 15 pints, but I don't think he has.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It does use cameras I asked the people at the 'payment' bit. They check if there's 2 people together, you pick up what you need and then go. Far quicker than queuing at the bar. I did tell him to check his bank statement to make sure he hasn't been charged for 15 pints, but I don't think he has.
You can get a receipt on exiting by scanning the QRC on the wall

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Stories today that Amazon are now ditching this tech (which apparently relies on having thousands of people off shore/off site monitoring your shopping) . Is it still active in the WSL ?
Yep and the WSL one is AI based as I understand it. Which is why it has such a limited range of items available

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I don't follow. What does "...and any item you leave the bar area with is automatically deducted....."

Do they mean: "any drinks etc that you buy with the card you tapped in with will be deducted from
your card upon leaving"?
It means that if you take the TV off the wall and walk out with it, you will automatically be charged for its value and they won’t need to pursue you through the courts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Stories today that Amazon are now ditching this tech (which apparently relies on having thousands of people off shore/off site monitoring your shopping) . Is it still active in the WSL ?
Co-op operate similar system, you pick up what you want and walk out, security may object but if you use one of the special phrases, such as "f*** off", " you don't want to mess with me" or "I'll stab you" you can take your items for free.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Co-op operate similar system, you pick up what you want and walk out, security may object but if you use one of the special phrases, such as "f*** off", " you don't want to mess with me" or "I'll stab you" you can take your items for free.

I heard at Costa the other day that I thought was quite inventive - chap just goes 'I am from another planet where this would be free and therefore I assume it is free from here also' before walking out the door with a handful of snack bars and crisps.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The WSL bar is a bit of a shambles, lots of times the initial tap won't get you in and you have to pay a couple of times only to be refunded a few days later.

Not complaining with this one, but on a couple of occasions I've been significantly undercharged for rounds.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The WSL bar is a bit of a shambles, lots of times the initial tap won't get you in and you have to pay a couple of times only to be refunded a few days later.

Not complaining with this one, but on a couple of occasions I've been significantly undercharged for rounds.
So you could say it’s causing rather a lot of….

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So is the WSL Frictionless Bar actually up and running then? Always assumed it was just a thing for next season. Must have missed the early reviews. Any word yet from the clevor trevers on how the tailgating is going? 😄

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So is the WSL Frictionless Bar actually up and running then? Always assumed it was just a thing for next season. Must have missed the early reviews. Any word yet from the clevor trevers on how the tailgating is going? 😄

It’s been running most of the season. My friends kid works there and has to spend most of their time explaining how it works to slightly pissed older customers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here