Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WSL Frictionless bar

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm wondering if they've re-purposed The Dugout which opened a few seasons back...

The seats that came with that were immediately behind the team benches. Have they been taken by the Tunnel Club now?
I think there are two bars in the WSL now. Or I had double vision due to a few too many beers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think not, as the tunnel club seats are personalised seats in what was the media area just above the tunnel. I believe they may have doubled the size of the dugout bar area and are using half of it for this new venture which from reading it above sounds like an "in and out" from the concourse i.e. enter scanning your card as you do so and then picking up drinks and leaving when your card will then be debited.
Please be aware this is only a hypothesis as like you i am in the west upper but when i met some friends recently in the lower after a game i did think the dugout bar was bigger than i remembered.
PS being a fearful technophobe who does not even own a smartphone i do not have a clue how such a thing would work and will certainly not be using it. :)
Isn't this the middle kiosk rehash in WSL ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think this is a new way of detaching more of your money from your bank account without you realising how much........
I’ve got a wife to do this for me, don’t need the Albion as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cameras I guess, like those amazon fresh places, but you scan card on way in rather than the way out. Bloody tech
Excuse my ignorance, how does this work?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Excuse my ignorance, how does this work?
Only been in once, as a novelty. Flooded with cameras on the ceiling/soffit of the shop that must cover all products and areas. They track you, track what you pick up and then when you leave you swipe your card to get through the barrier.

You have no record of what you've paid or what the system thinks you've bought until the email comes through. Presume you must have an amazon account so that they have email details via your payment card.

All a bit worrying I thought so won't be making a habit of it. Was quick though. I used the one opposite the roundhouse to buy beers as we queued for a gig.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only been in once, as a novelty. Flooded with cameras on the ceiling/soffit of the shop that must cover all products and areas. They track you, track what you pick up and then when you leave you swipe your card to get through the barrier.

You have no record of what you've paid or what the system thinks you've bought until the email comes through. Presume you must have an amazon account so that they have email details via your payment card.

All a bit worrying I thought so won't be making a habit of it. Was quick though. I used the one opposite the roundhouse to buy beers as we queued for a gig.
Is it manual i.e. humans man these camaras and log what you buy? Or is it more sophisticated?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Is it manual i.e. humans man these camaras and log what you buy? Or is it more sophisticated?
Automated. Someone on the barrier making sure you don't just leg it. Completely automated other than that (I think, can't see what these cameras are linked to but I swear I heard giggling when I picked up a tube of anal wart remover)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don't follow. What does "...and any item you leave the bar area with is automatically deducted....."

Do they mean: "any drinks etc that you buy with the card you tapped in with will be deducted from
your card upon leaving"?
Probably, and if someone inadvertently moves a stool or something

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1700213876053.jpeg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Had exactly the same thought. Imagined some old bloke with a notepad and pencil marking down a | every time you went up for a pint. Each punter identified as 'tall bloke with beard ' or "short arse with bold patch'.

AI 'RFID identification' all a bit over my head. Like any technology, it's not going to be perfect and I'd be worried about being over charged.

So is this the future of all the concourses? Hope not. Hardly ever drink as I drive to P&R or ride on my bike if it's not raining and I'd not want to scan my card just to get the odd snack or cuppa. Even though I hardly ever do due to the Q's.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There's something similar at Leicester:

At the 12/13 second mark in this video you can see they pan to the ceiling and show you the number of cameras that're being used to identify individuals and record what they pick up & are carrying. For anyone confused as to how it works.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Exactly, what happens if you neck your pint before leaving the bar area, and then leave empty handed. FREE BEER ME THINKS!

If its the same tech as amazon used its more about tracking what items you pick up. I read somewhere that the Amazon stores had a lot of trouble where you picked something up but then changed your mind and put it back on the shelves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here