Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WSL Frictionless bar

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Did anyone else in WSL get one of these invites today. Looks interesting but shame I’ll be waiting for a strike train that day to actually go to the game.

IMG_5571.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5571.jpeg
    IMG_5571.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 130

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't follow. What does "...and any item you leave the bar area with is automatically deducted....."

Do they mean: "any drinks etc that you buy with the card you tapped in with will be deducted from
your card upon leaving"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t understand this. How do they know what you’ve consumed?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The very first thing I thought of when I read the thread title was rubber soles and lube,I'm not sure if when I opened the thread I'm slightly disappointed or glad.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Cameras I guess, like those amazon fresh places, but you scan card on way in rather than the way out. Bloody tech

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it called The West Stand Tap or The Dugout? Text says one thing, image says another
I'm wondering if they've re-purposed The Dugout which opened a few seasons back...

The seats that came with that were immediately behind the team benches. Have they been taken by the Tunnel Club now?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I'm wondering if they've re-purposed The Dugout which opened a few seasons back...

The seats that came with that were immediately behind the team benches. Have they been taken by the Tunnel Club now?
I think not, as the tunnel club seats are personalised seats in what was the media area just above the tunnel. I believe they may have doubled the size of the dugout bar area and are using half of it for this new venture which from reading it above sounds like an "in and out" from the concourse i.e. enter scanning your card as you do so and then picking up drinks and leaving when your card will then be debited.
Please be aware this is only a hypothesis as like you i am in the west upper but when i met some friends recently in the lower after a game i did think the dugout bar was bigger than i remembered.
PS being a fearful technophobe who does not even own a smartphone i do not have a clue how such a thing would work and will certainly not be using it. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here