[News] Would you???????

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t agree with the swearing of allegiance but the Armed Forces serve the Crown, not the government, as do the police etc.
The late Queen was known as the Boss.
you mean they just ignore His Majesty's Government? odd view given several hundred years of protocol.
the point was simply that an estate in intestacy goes to the state, rather than into Charles personal account.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you mean they just ignore His Majesty's Government? odd view given several hundred years of protocol.
the point was simply that an estate in intestacy goes to the state, rather than into Charles personal account.
There is a defence Minister, but the Armed Forces serve the Crown.
Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, and Royal regiments within the British Army.

As I said, the police force also serve the monarch. Go into a court of law, and the case being heard will be King v defendant. Barristers are King’s Councillors.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gobsmacked that there are people still out there that give this family and a monarchy the time of day. Bizarre.

My brother in law is going to London for it, what an absolute weapon.
Have you told him that you think he’s a weapon and that you’ve reported his alleged weaponary to the state inquisitors forum? (NSC)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A true democracy
think the question was, what is the alternative for estates intestate, without a will, other than going to the state.

here's another question. would you or others happily swear alligence to the nation or a government that wasn't headed by a monarch? is it the head of state or the alligence thats upsetting.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
think the question was, what is the alternative for estates intestate, without a will, other than going to the state.

here's another question. would you or others happily swear alligence to the nation or a government that wasn't headed by a monarch? is it the head of state or the alligence thats upsetting.
Happy to chose who I swear allegiance to. So no big deal really.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No tugging of the forelock from me.

I'm ambivalent to King Charles, but this new fangled oath of allegiance which hasn't been done before for traditional coronations holds no appeal to me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Deference to an unelected head of State, no thanks. That aside I don't mind Charles, he seems OK

Reform the electoral system, reform the constitution...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with you but on a point of order, American Presidents don’t get invitations to British coronations.

The late Queen and Prince Philip worked hard to build on the goodwill of King George VI and the Queen Mother, but the present king is weak, and this nonsense isn’t getting the public onside.
Whoever advised him this is a good idea, needs to stand aside. I suspect it’s the Queen Consort’s nephew, Ben Elliott, who is heavily involved in the Tory party.
It’s already rumoured he’s asked for cash for audience. A grubby family.
As I suspected, this is being pushed by the Conservatives. Shame on Charles for allowing himself to be manipulated by them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1683043236719.png

This is what 4 moths of Military training gets you. Where do I sign up?

Tossers!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
By tradition he is supposed to swear an oath to us the people.
Having already issued invitations to the crowning of his Queen (rather than Queen Consort) and effectively allowed his paedophile brother greater prominence, Charles is coming across as a singularly unpleasant narcissist entirely isolated from public opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here