Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Would you???????

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
its amusing how many are people getting upset about an invitation, why care?
Folk are right to be annoyed because this invitation, which is loaded and endorsed by much of the media, is almost a light instruction. We are not being forced, but gently directed. And that's enough to agitate folk.

Whether we watch it or not, and we have the choice, it is being billed as almost an expectation. And subtle links to patriotism etc have us as unloyal if we don't.

I don't like it. And I appear not to be alone.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No allegiance swearing here.

I’m appalled by how much the whole thing must be costing. I’ve seen £100,000,000 quoted. Ridiculous. That would build a couple of hospitals.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Would you swear allegiance to the new king?
For me it's a big fat no, whether you're there or not.
This would suit the sycophants and royal pundits, that already ooze their indulgence :shootself

People watching the ceremony will be invited to say the words: "I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law - so help me God."​

Aren't you ex-military so therefore have already done this ?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

Would you swear allegiance to the new king?
Never.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are we allowed to change the name and that becomes like a vote? So if more people pledge allegiance to (e.g.) David Attenborough he becomes king?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So looks like that national anthem will be sung at home to Everton.
We have an anthem which is universally loved and sung.

GOSBTS

No need for another one.

Again, the singing of national anthem at the match will be an imposition to command loyalty. I don't like it (if others wish to sing it spontaneously that is their right).

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Nope. Have no problem at all if others want to though. I can't think of anyone I would swear allegiance to, so it's not just a royal thing. Though I find the whole idea of inheriting power and priveleges because their ancestors were better at fighting and stealing and conniving than anyone else's ancestors were all a bit increasingly bizarre.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Third appearance on this thread. Really f***ed off by this. The brainwashing of the populace that sees an unelected Royal Family presiding in any way over this country is bewildering. Do you know that any intestate estate with no beneficiaries ultimately passes to the Crown. THE f***ing CROWN.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Third appearance on this thread. Really f***ed off by this. The brainwashing of the populace that sees an unelected Royal Family presiding in any way over this country is bewildering. Do you know that any intestate estate with no beneficiaries ultimately passes to the Crown. THE f***ing CROWN.
it's an invitation, hardly brainwashing, just ignore it. the Crown is the state, aka the government, not the monarch whoever they happen to be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We didn’t even elect our current prime minister or the one before!

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here