Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Would you???????

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Every time I see this thread, I'm annoyed that I don't open it to find photos of a fit bird
Oh go on then...
Ostrich.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it's an invitation, hardly brainwashing, just ignore it. the Crown is the state, aka the government, not the monarch whoever they happen to be.
I don’t agree with the swearing of allegiance but the Armed Forces serve the Crown, not the government, as do the police etc.
The late Queen was known as the Boss.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
it's an invitation, hardly brainwashing, just ignore it. the Crown is the state, aka the government, not the monarch whoever they happen to be.
It should not be the state. It is brainwashing whereby an hereditary line of accession is still celebrated in the 21st century. If Charles stood in front of you - how much pressure would you be under to bow and scrape?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It should not be the state. It is brainwashing whereby an hereditary line of accession is still celebrated in the 21st century. If Charles stood in front of you - how much pressure would you be under to bow and scrape?
I’ll play. What is the alternative?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Queen's passing was the end of an era. Charles and his Queen Camilla will be lucky to have half the reach of his Mother.

Not their fault, but the whole thing amplifies our global loss of standing since Brexit. Even Biden isn't turning up - no Special Relationship anymore.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don’t agree with the swearing of allegiance but the Armed Forces serve the Crown, not the government, as do the police etc.
The late Queen was known as the Boss.
What a f***ed up country we are.

Able Bodied Semen Andrew did as he pleased and the Boss supported him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Queen's passing was the end of an era. Charles and his Queen Camilla will be lucky to have half the reach of his Mother.

Not their fault, but the whole thing amplifies our global loss of standing since Brexit. Even Biden isn't turning up - no Special Relationship anymore.
I agree with you but on a point of order, American Presidents don’t get invitations to British coronations.

The late Queen and Prince Philip worked hard to build on the goodwill of King George VI and the Queen Mother, but the present king is weak, and this nonsense isn’t getting the public onside.
Whoever advised him this is a good idea, needs to stand aside. I suspect it’s the Queen Consort’s nephew, Ben Elliott, who is heavily involved in the Tory party.
It’s already rumoured he’s asked for cash for audience. A grubby family.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Folk are right to be annoyed because this invitation, which is loaded and endorsed by much of the media, is almost a light instruction. We are not being forced, but gently directed. And that's enough to agitate folk.

Whether we watch it or not, and we have the choice, it is being billed as almost an expectation. And subtle links to patriotism etc have us as unloyal if we don't.

I don't like it. And I appear not to be alone.
It's certainly enough to agitate some!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not a single 'yes'!!!

The undruv ripples that will create the turning tide. The turning tide to rid us of the oppression of Westminster.

The people of Sussex stay silent for Charles the usurper but their hearts beat wildly for the true king and queen.

Whisper it quietly brothers and sisters but whisper it true so they can hear it across the Atlantic. "We swear allegiance to King Harry and Queen Megan the life blood and undruv heartbeat of Sussex".

We will be free brothers and sisters, we will be free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here