Would you welcome Glenn Murray back?

Would you welcome Glenn Murray back?

• Yes

Votes: 249 72.0%
  • Yes, but only if he clapped

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 13.9%
  • It's the Summer - I can't think about this stuff right now. Please come back in August

Votes: 22 6.4%

• Total voters

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
There must be something in this if Bozza started the thread.

I think he'd be a brilliant signing and would be happy if Murray came back. If Ulloa went though it would be a big setback.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No doubt I'll be accused of bias, but the Palace fans on the BBS seemed far more enamoured with the football being served up by Pulis than the Brighton fans were with that being served up by their manager. Hard to say if Palace's PL players were also more satisfied than their Brighton counterparts though.

But can you see Pullis doing any better with you than what he did with Stoke?
Will you be happy playing long ball football whilst aiming at mid-table excitement (at best) every year?
or would you rather be inspired by a team like Southampton who are setup to stay up with ambition and success from youth level right through?

Have you noticed Stokes league position this year? They seem glad to have lost Pullis.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
But can you see Pullis doing any better with you than what he did with Stoke?
Will you be happy playing long ball football whilst aiming at mid-table excitement (at best) every year?
or would you rather be inspired by a team like Southampton who are setup to stay up with ambition and success from youth level right through?

Have you noticed Stokes league position this year? They seem glad to have lost Pullis.

The football hasn't been long ball. Again, wishful thinking on your part.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we are in a very strong position at the moment and a million miles ahead of you, a lot of that is down to TP.
A million miles? The only thing you have on us is that you got promoted. That's it. If we get promoted, there'll be nothing you're ahead of us in.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The sad truth being that, even if he were to be given that sum, the respective accounts of our two clubs would probably point to Brighton being the ones nearer to going that route.

It will be interesting to see what Palace's financial accounts for this last season would look like without their Prem windfall.

You may be right. I'd certainly feel more comfortable making a judgement based on which club is trying to live more closely within its natural means and the true scale of their 'real' operating deficits. I suspect neither Clubs accounts will be that pretty if external funding from sponsorship etc is ignored.

Both Clubs are fortunate to have fans in Tony Bloom and CPFC2010 respectively as owners, so are in it for the long haul. Tony has mainly invested in physical assets to reasonably secure the future of the Albion and give it a platform to work towards a sustainable future, although we obviously have a way to go yet, especially under FFP. A similar Prem windfall to that received by CPFC would come in very handy. I would suggest that CPFC2010 have not had to dip into their personal pockets to the same extent - and would be interesting what might happen if they had to ie without the Prem windfall?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
A million miles? The only thing you have on us is that you got promoted. That's it. If we get promoted, there'll be nothing you're ahead of us in.

I think you're in denial buddy. Our squad of players is vastly superior to yours, I'd say only Ulloa would make our match day squad of 18, we have a top class manager in charge, you don't even have one, we are far richer than you as a result of last seasons promotion then coming 11th which meant we earnt £10 million more than if we had come 20th, another £63 million minimum next year even if we finish bottom, plus £60 million parachute payments over 4 years, if/when we drop back down. On top of that our support is better in terms of atmosphere (don't deny it, we are seen by many as having the best atmosphere in England) and we have a more established academy. You have the better stadium though, I'll give you that :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
With arms so open, I'd almost dislocate my shoulders. Great player and clearly a good bloke.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
maybe we could swap him for Ulloa...... Sake get a grip people he ain't coming back and we should be looking forward, every bloody close season we go through this.... lets have Zamora back or some old boy.... We could not afford him when there was no FFP, how the heck can we afford him now with his wages.....

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
It will be interesting to see what Palace's financial accounts for this last season would look like without their Prem windfall.

You may be right. I'd certainly feel more comfortable making a judgement based on which club is trying to live more closely within its natural means and the true scale of their 'real' operating deficits. I suspect neither Clubs accounts will be that pretty if external funding from sponsorship etc is ignored.

Both Clubs are fortunate to have fans in Tony Bloom and CPFC2010 respectively as owners, so are in it for the long haul. Tony has mainly invested in physical assets to reasonably secure the future of the Albion and give it a platform to work towards a sustainable future, although we obviously have a way to go yet, especially under FFP. A similar Prem windfall to that received by CPFC would come in very handy. I would suggest that CPFC2010 have not had to dip into their personal pockets to the same extent - and would be interesting what might happen if they had to ie without the Prem windfall?
Much sensible stuff, except there is little point in hypothetically deducting the PL windfall, especially with regards to Pulis's transfer pot and the possibility of it turning Palace into the next Pompey. Even less point in applying a PL windfall to Brighton's.

However, in the event that TP's demands would, in the view of our owners, present too much of a risk to the club's ongoing financial security, I would be in favour of the parting of the ways so gleefully alluded to by the earlier poster in question should Pulis be unwilling to budge.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's a resounding yes from me but why on earth would Palace be looking to offload Murray? If there's a query about whether he's fully recovered then why on earth would we sign him back ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here