Would you welcome Glenn Murray back?

Would you welcome Glenn Murray back?

• Yes

Votes: 249 72.0%
  • Yes, but only if he clapped

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 13.9%
  • It's the Summer - I can't think about this stuff right now. Please come back in August

Votes: 22 6.4%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eh. I was pretty indifferent to him when he was here, didn't get the excitement that so many fans seemed to, wasn't even slightly offended by his lack of clapping or his decision to sign for palace. But don't like the idea of paying palace for a player we let them steal from us for nothing.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The best striker we've had since Zamora. I'd take him back any day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have no problems at all with him going to Palace, and don't hold anything against him. But he'll be 31 at the start of the season, and has he done much since coming back from injury? Also, didn't he have his contract improved while at Palace, meaning he'd be on too much?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Only if the numbers added up which they wouldn't. He is on 2 to 3 times more than we could afford and he is under contract until 2016 so would command a fee of around £3m I would suspect! So, er no.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Pulis doesn`t seem that bothered by him though, if he`s behind Cameron Jerome in the pecking order and with Gayle`s goals at the end he`s even less likely to get a game.
The wages would be the only stumbling block.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Really not sure why the OP thinks Muzza is surplus to requirements down at SE25? In the Premiership you need 4 quality strikers, we have only Gayle and Murray on the books at the moment. Pulis has been mainly using Murray off the bench since his return from injury and whilst he hasn't been scoring many (1 penalty goal this season away to Swansea) he's looked decent at times and seems to be linking up very well with Gayle. His assist for Gayle's 2nd vs Liverpool was sublime. With a full pre-season behind him, I think he will score goals at Premiership level. He 's also very happy at the club, obviously would like to test himself at the top level and is loved by our fans so would be very surprised if this happened.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No , there are better options out there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obviously. Ridiculous question.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really not sure why the OP thinks Muzza is surplus to requirements down at SE25? In the Premiership you need 4 quality strikers, we have only Gayle and Murray on the books at the moment. Pulis has been mainly using Murray off the bench since his return from injury and whilst he hasn't been scoring (1 penalty goal this season away to Swansea) he's looked decent at times and seems to be linking up very well with Gayle. His assist for Gayle's 2nd vs Liverpool was sublime. With a full pre-season behind I think he will score goals at Premiership level. He 's also very happy at the club, obviously would like to test himself at the top level and is loved by our fans so would be very surprised if this happened.

Nearly a full-season out and 31 in September, maybe your new manager won't fancy him? Assuming Pulis is leaving obviously. He is a good player to fit in with the Pulis style.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One thing I did learn about Glen Murray the other day - he is a total and utter anorak on indie music; a vinyl junkie and very knowledgeable on many aspects of music.

He'll buy music by bands most of us haven't heard of, and play it to anyone whether they want to listen or not.

He has a total immmersion in the sound, we were told.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Yes, of course. He would score lots of goals and I think he is better than CMS and dare I say it, Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here