Would you want Murray?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
F@ck off. Just get over it already. It's pathetic, pinning over a player that left us years ago. Worse is his age. We'd get one decent season out of him, maybe, and have to pay Palarse for the pleasure. NO. Stop it. Stop being terrible.

Zamora is 33 and Lampard is 36 so age doesn't mean a thing if the player has a good footballing brain.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I meant at championship level. La Liga is a very different league. Colunga's signing in the summer could still turn out to be a very good one, but what I'm saying is signing an unproven player at championship level in january, rather than a known striker who's done it in this league before would be a gamble. I would hate to think that every new member on here who've supported the albion all his life would be immediately interrogated about being sad enough to come on here as a supporter of the scum!

'Seaside' was the username of an infamous and banned prolific posting palace troll on this site. Probably just a subconscious association with his username.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why does Bloom not commenting on our transfer activity suggest we have been in touch with Palace? He doesn't comment on any transfer speculation. You might as well say we've put an enquiry in about Messi or Ronaldo. Bloom would probably make the same no comment. That said, if we did get the chance to get him back then we should.

Why does Bloom not commenting on our transfer activity suggest we have been in touch with Palace? He doesn't comment on any transfer speculation. You might as well say we've put an enquiry in about Messi or Ronaldo. Bloom would probably make the same no comment. That said, if we did get the chance to get him back then we should.

If you kept Muzza when all you had to do was pay him what he was worth, you'd be in the Prem and not us pure and simple
He's perfect for Brighton was then and still is! He'll get you promoted with his goals and ya know it

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Looked like he still retained all his quality and ability when he got those 2 for Reading, plus i know for a fact he does not like it there and would like to come back (if the money is right). Yes please!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Never go back I say,
Why pay our rivals for a player who helped them to promotion who we let go for nothing,people need to get over him and move on.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Never go back I say,
Why pay our rivals for a player who helped them to promotion who we let go for nothing,people need to get over him and move on.

Clearly he's better than any of the strikers we have. Our whole game would change with him in the side. I'm really not bothered at all he's employed by palace. Is he available? At the right price? And would be come here? He plays for our rivals....really? I'm more interested in our championship rivals than palace.
If signing Murray gives us an advantage over them. I'd do it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
On the one hand these threads are getting really annoying, to the point I want him not to come just to disappoint the people who keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about signing him.

On the other hand, if he doesn't come in January, we'll get it again in the loan window, then again in the summer, then again in the loan window, then again next January to the point where I think him signing will at least stop these threads.

But then I think of all the threads we will get if he signed. If we get 6 goals a season/9 shots per goal murray there'll be all the "told you. NEVER go back" threads, the "he was lazy before, he's lazy now, and he doesn't wave to the fans" threads. If we get the 1 goal every 2.5 shots/30 goals a season murray, there'll be the gloating "told you so, we should never have let him go?" threads and the "imagine if we had kept him last time" threads.

Not sure which is worse.

Totally agree with this. Murray must be one of the moodiest players I've seen. Everyone always remembers the promotion season when he was exceptional but he was rubbish in the seasons immediately before and after. He had a good run again with Zaha in the team at Palace but then got injured and Palace put him out on loan.

Not sure he's the saviour a lot on here thinks

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Totally agree with this. Murray must be one of the moodiest players I've seen. Everyone always remembers the promotion season when he was exceptional but he was rubbish in the seasons immediately before and after. He had a good run again with Zaha in the team at Palace but then got injured and Palace put him out on loan.

Not sure he's the saviour a lot on here thinks

Rewriting of history, Murray in general was very good for us during each of his season (about a 1 in 3 goal record) here but people went apoplectic because he didn't wave at them once. He got a brand of being lazy because he was struggling with a hernia injury that the Club took ages to get diagnosed properly (that would make me pretty moody), since that was properly dealt with he has been pretty much on fire. He is also a pretty quiet unassuming guy on all accounts being quiet and keeping yourself to yourself does not mean you are moody.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's a player that we should have tried harder to keep. I get the feeling that the ship has sailed with Glenn now. A very good striker that we won't be getting back.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Rewriting of history, Murray in general was very good for us during each of his season (about a 1 in 3 goal record) here but people went apoplectic because he didn't wave at them once. He got a brand of being lazy because he was struggling with a hernia injury that the Club took ages to get diagnosed properly (that would make me pretty moody), since that was properly dealt with he has been pretty much on fire. He is also a pretty quiet unassuming guy on all accounts being quiet and keeping yourself to yourself does not mean you are moody.

Rewriting of history indeed.

I don't want to slag him off too much because some of his performances at Withdean were truly outstanding (Charlton springs to mind), but the ratio you mention is heavily influenced by that one good season. He also put in a transfer request and was in and out of the team a lot before that year.

He may be brilliant for us again if he signed but there seems to be a school of thought on here that everything would be sweetness and light if he rejoined and all I'm saying is that his track record does not necessarily point to that.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How many times does this have to be done on NSC?

He did what he was paid to do when at Brighton and I expect him to do the same if, in the unlikely event, he returns. It will still only be a job for him and people will be upset because he doesn't kiss the badge and pretend to love the club.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
there seems to be a school of thought on here that everything would be sweetness and light if he rejoined and all I'm saying is that his track record does not necessarily point to that.

Murray has two distinct track records. The one where he's not carrying a hernia or other major injury is very good. On his recent Reading showings regarding fitness, sharpness and general ability to find space and the back of the net I'd say he's still very much what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports