Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you want Murray?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
"Steve Clarke facing D-day over Glenn Murray's transfer from Crystal Palace to Reading."
"Reading also face stern competition for Murray’s signature from a number of rivals clubs with Derby County and Nottingham Forest reported to be lining up £3m-plus offers"

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2015/01/01/106400-steve-clarke-facing-dday-over-glenn-murrays-transfer-from-crystal-palace-to-reading-fc/

Lazy journalism as Nottingham Forest have a transfer embargo!! As Palace will have a new manager soon I can't see him letting any players go for a while. Also think we need to move on from Murray as he's too old.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There are other players out there.

Like whom?[/QUOTE]

Loads of players that we won't have even heard of yet that won't be retiring in 18 months. It's called scouting and development, and is how we discovered players like Bridcutt, Ulloa and Murray himself.

Sea Sea Seaside Air

Dec 31, 2014
GOSBTS
At this current stage I feel we need someone who is a proven goal scorer at this level and Murray certainly is that. I agree about the whole scouting policy and how that got us to where we were eventually under Poyet, but to take a gamble on discovering an unproven player such as a Colunga type in january and halfway through a relegation scrap I think could be too much of a risk. I know I would rather sign an experienced striker either ex premier league or champ level.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Let it go .

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I've always thought that we should never have him back. However I thought his celebrations at the Reading game were appropriately muted and he is exactly the sort of player we need. Whether it could happen will depend on the club and Hughton's view of him personally. There is also no indication that he necessarily would want to return.

I guess I'm wavering, but still in the no camp....

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can't see him going anywhere this transfer window.
We've been crying out for a player like him for the last month, I think he'll get a run in the team.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
F@ck off. Just get over it already. It's pathetic, pinning over a player that left us years ago. Worse is his age. We'd get one decent season out of him, maybe, and have to pay Palarse for the pleasure. NO. Stop it. Stop being terrible.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
At this current stage I feel we need someone who is a proven goal scorer at this level and Murray certainly is that. I agree about the whole scouting policy and how that got us to where we were eventually under Poyet, but to take a gamble on discovering an unproven player such as a Colunga type in january and halfway through a relegation scrap I think could be too much of a risk. I know I would rather sign an experienced striker either ex premier league or champ level.

The unproven Adrian Colunga? That's the 30 year who's spent the past 4 seasons playing in La Liga.

This lack of well known info on a BHA player says to me that you're just a sad Palace fan with too much time on his hands.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
F@ck off. Just get over it already. It's pathetic, pinning over a player that left us years ago. Worse is his age. We'd get one decent season out of him, maybe, and have to pay Palarse for the pleasure. NO. Stop it. Stop being terrible.

Well put. It's like watching a mate still being obsessed with some bird he split up with years ago and missing out on loads of other better birds in the mean time.

Sea Sea Seaside Air

Dec 31, 2014
GOSBTS
The unproven Adrian Colunga? That's the 30 year who's spent the past 4 seasons playing in La Liga.

This lack of well known info on a BHA player says to me that you're just a sad Palace fan with too much time on his hands.

I meant at championship level. La Liga is a very different league. Colunga's signing in the summer could still turn out to be a very good one, but what I'm saying is signing an unproven player at championship level in january, rather than a known striker who's done it in this league before would be a gamble. I would hate to think that every new member on here who've supported the albion all his life would be immediately interrogated about being sad enough to come on here as a supporter of the scum!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3m for a 32yr old I doubt it 1m tops would be my guess maybe lower than that

"Steve Clarke facing D-day over Glenn Murray's transfer from Crystal Palace to Reading."
"Reading also face stern competition for Murray’s signature from a number of rivals clubs with Derby County and Nottingham Forest reported to be lining up £3m-plus offers"

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2015/01/01/106400-steve-clarke-facing-dday-over-glenn-murrays-transfer-from-crystal-palace-to-reading-fc/

:thumbsup:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
in a heartbeat

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'd rather have an afternoon with Judy Murray personally, and she's none too popular in the Monolulu household either

Give me a nice hot Ruby Murray, might help me shake this fing lurgy off I've been stuck with for about a month now. Gotta take antibiotics for a week.

Once saw Pete Murray at Wimbledon, the old DJ. Very tall bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here