Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would YOU take £50m for Ben White?

Would YOU take £50m for Ben White?

• Yep - I'll drive him to Arsenal myself

Votes: 250 85.9%
  • Nah - he's going nowhere on my watch

Votes: 41 14.1%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shit yeah. Financial security for me and my family for life. Of course I would.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If you're still worrying about Panini (Pannini, Paninni, whatever) stickers, perhaps you're not quite ready for t'internet! :)

Just a bit of a fun observation, no harm meant. A full apology offered.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
£50m is a great fee for him. Shame he didn't play at the Euros, we could possibly have wrung out another £5m or so. I think it's probably around the right price, and we can easily invest it into other areas. I would be very slightly concerned about who picks up his starting spot as things stand, but we could see Burn move back into the middle or maybe even a space re-opening for Duffy.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he wants to go which is understandable to earn much more and for a club historically on another level (if not right now) then yes at 50 but f-no at any of the other stupid offers. This hit his price tag so fine.

Shows to other young players especially English/British ones that we are a good move for them plus made the club a lot of money. If he does well there also adds prestige. Would love to have a couple more stories like this to add over the next few years.

He's also at a position we have 2 better players (right now though agree B.W. MIGHT turn out better by their age) and insane depth at.

Good deal, but would have happily turned it down for now if he wanted to stay instead and if was a small club like leeds offering the 50M.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
£50m is a great fee for him. Shame he didn't play at the Euros, we could possibly have wrung out another £5m or so. I think it's probably around the right price, and we can easily invest it into other areas. I would be very slightly concerned about who picks up his starting spot as things stand, but we could see Burn move back into the middle or maybe even a space re-opening for Duffy.

It’ll be Veltman, surely? I can’t see Duffy getting anywhere near a Potter starting 11 again.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
With a heavy heart, I'm gutted to see him go, but £50m is an unreal amount for any club! How much did it cost to build the AMEX, near the 100m region to start with? Mental.

I just hope if we are to reinvest in say a striker, clubs won't have us over a barrel cos we're now 50m better off...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have taken £5m cash with the rest of the deal being made up by Tangtastics.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would be trying to convince him that moving now means he would be fighting for a place in an Arsenal side who are likely to be challenging for a top 10 finish, whereas he could stay and leave with 2/3 years experience and be a certain starter for Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Spurs for many years to come. However we should allow him to public ally follow either route to demonstrate to others that the path to the top exists as Brighton, what we cannot afford to do is hold onto him against his will

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not if he wanted to stay but I guess he is desperate to move to a bigger club and the wage rise will be nice and transfers like this are what the club has been working towards.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’m a little concerned, that if this deal goes through, that many Brighton fans are expecting us to splash the cash (on a striker/sticker).

For me, I’m not so convinced we will and think we are more likely to largely make do with what we’ve got and hope/trust the recruitment team can find a gem or two at the cheaper end of the market...!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would definitely take £50m for Ben White.

I'm not sure what I would do with it though. I'd probably give a lot to charity and maybe go on holiday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No - I honestly think we should hold out for more - £10m short for me. £60m up front plus add-ons

Current England international with massive potential.

A different time but is Wann-Bissaka really better than White, arguably a less key position as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not if it is Arsenal. I would push for 60 just because they are such a joke club.

Other clubs I would take 50. Ben has only played in our first team for a year so no great loss and we have Veltman to slot straight in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here