• 10k REAL Hardcore fans

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • 20k Extra JCL's. Every little helps but I still fecking hate them

Votes: 44 74.6%

• Total voters

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Ok I don't think there are 20,000 new fans. I think that you'll find a lot of people including myself have always been fans and perhaps went to the Goldstone or the odd home/away game over the years and have now become season ticket holders.

The huge numbers of kids in the East stand are the core of so called 'JCL's' and that is brilliant to see.

I would go however go for terracing if I was given a choice, even if this meant a ground with poorer facilities, regardless of possible reduction in attendance.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Simple question really. I mean the "Hardcore" oldskool lot don't seem to like the Newskool fan. So "Real Oldskool" Fans. Would you rather 10k real fans at the Amex or 30k of mixed. I base 10k off what the withdean could hold.

Not sure this has been answered but what do you class as 'Real Oldskool'?

What age and era must I fit in to to qualify as being 'Real Oldskool'?

Serious question - sort of!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well I hope you are all ****ing happy. Can a Mod close this thread.

I shall read this thread fully to see what all the fuss is about-personally i would have 20,000 JCL's as for 14 years we lost a whole load of support,football has changed and it's not going back,also Brighton had pre Cardiff 2004 over 20,000 on it's data base.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I`m new supporter of your club. Reason is bit different than normally. I`m from Finland like Sami Hyypia. I follow football often ( not in place ) like you can but in internet! I hope that you allow me cheer our fine club?

Welcome-hope you enjoy our team and hope your fellow countryman does a good job,as he was very good during his playing days..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well,having read all that,obviously a little history,some snobbery and so forth,perhaps the OP could be a little less defensive? Anyway,having reviewed my comment's i would still go for 20,000 Jcl's,however if i am being honest,i having followed Albion since 1988 proper,would love to have had the crowds of 1976-1979 of that era,transport them through time and place them in the Amex-atmosphere wise it would blow anything seen at the ground so far,but we all know that's not going to happen..

On a side note,watch for an atmosphere change this season folks,as the shackles are off and a few more risks are taken,i feel this season will feel quite different to the 3 we have had so far..

And to the OP,i say relax and chill,save yourself because bridges once burnt are gone and perhaps you may wish to contribute at a later stage?-i wish not to sound condescending,just words that may help..:thumbsup:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Withdean years were great, but aren't things a lot better now? Maybe I'm just in a unique position of being relatively young, but still with 15 years experience of supporting the Albion. Things are perfect as they are now. Away dats still have exactly the same feel, with 'proper' fans always attending, so can't you get your 'oldskool' kicks from that?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
20k JCLs because there is a good chance they will become 20k Old Skool fans

This JCL / Old Skool crap is getting a bit boring now, why does someone need to feel elitist just because they have been following the Albion for longer than someone else?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What a ridiculous thread. I've supported Albion since 1979 so consider myself old skool, but why would anyone want to go back to gates of 10k? There was a lost generation of Albion fans and seeing our average gates the highest in our history is a fantastic achievement.

A mate of mine supports Chelsea but since the Amex has been built he has been to Stanford Bridge nil times and the Amex about 20. His son now supports Brighton...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
20k everytime, if only because anyone that self-identifies as 'Real Oldskool' (i.e. better than everyond else) isn't likely to be all that fun to be around.

Ultimately, everyone pays to watch the match regardless of fan credentials and, more importantly, every single person on this board was a JCL once...it's how getting new fans works!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This JCL / Old Skool crap is getting a bit boring now, why does someone need to feel elitist just because they have been following the Albion for longer than someone else?

This. It's a weird thing to try and get one up on someone else, based almost solely on age. I've not been able to go to as many games as I would like (about a dozen in the past 15 years) but I couldn't give a shit whether someone has had an ST for 30 years or its their first game - they're fans and as long as they support the team they're welcome.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This. It's a weird thing to try and get one up on someone else, based almost solely on age. I've not been able to go to as many games as I would like (about a dozen in the past 15 years) but I couldn't give a shit whether someone has had an ST for 30 years or its their first game - they're fans and as long as they support the team they're welcome.

Another one agreeing when does a JCL become a real fan and when do they become oldskool, is there an exam or test to qualify its a subjective label nothing more. The more the merrier in my book. By deduction going down the oldskool route means we can only have new fans when we are shite no one is allow to start supporting the Albion when we are on the rise as they are automatically labelled JCL and were would that get us. Crap team and oldskool fans that wet the bed ... sounds great!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here