Votes: 23 8.6%
  • No.

Votes: 245 91.4%

• Total voters

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Not interested in owning a bangstick thank you.

I wouldn't mind a high powered laser for knocking off noisy pigeons and seagulls.... Am I allowed to not like seagulls on here? ???

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I had an American gf when I was at Uni. Went over a couple of times. Her father was a Vietnam vet who became a preacher in Louisiana. Very polite family and took me fishing for crawfish in a flat boat and on a road trip in a RV to Mexico amongst other things (very exciting for a naive 19 yo). I guess back in the early 90s perhaps guns weren't such a big thing as we didn't really talk about it (although they point blank refused to stay in New Orleans after dark and went mental when I had a day on my own and went roaming on the public buses around Baton Rouge).

Ever since, I've wondered what the US of As obsession with guns was all about - so I arranged a trip with some friends to Warsaw that included a trip to a gun range on the outskirts (briliiant city Warsaw btw ). I wanted to know what it felt like (before being oh so critical). We fired an old Tommy gun (chosen because my grandad used one in WW2 Africa, the Enfield they had was out of action at the time), an AK47, a pistol and an MP5. My word I was deadly with the (SAS) MP5. I was shitting myself but also man, I fecking loved it. i can't deny it. It triggered something Stone Age in me. Then I understood why men/people like guns. And equally understood why they must be limited and unlawful for all but the army. So, I would 100% NOT like access to owning a gun and I'm thankful I live in the UK. I also hope the majority of the police force stay unarmed (while accepting it is necessary to have armed units still).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve got an air rifle I use for pest control in the garden now, and used to go shooting pheasants and rabbits with my dad when I was younger with 410s and 12-bores. Wouldn’t want anything more powerful than the air rifle these days.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No, might want a bulletproof vest though, if handguns were as widely held as in some states of the US.

A friend of mine met up with some other friends from Texas in Las Vegas, the Texans didn't have a case suitable to take their handguns with them so flew without them, and they were apparently really nervous about walking around without one whilst there.
I feel uncomfortable if I forget my phone when I go out, and worry for a while that I might need it in some imagined emergency situation, these guys were like that with guns, but all day long. If I lived in a place where I got nervous to leave the house without a weapon, I think I would move.

Heard similar sorts of stories myself too.

Someone said that whenever they had a house party in the US, they used to have to post someone outside, who had a gun, to act as an armed guard to keep those inside safe. When they flew to the UK on work related trip, they were petrified because they didn't have the reassurance of a gun with them to make them feel safe and they actually ended the trip early due to it.

Fear and paranoia are obviously big factors in high gun ownership and their reluctance to give up their guns over there

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to a firing range in Las Vegas a few years back and let loose with a WW2 Luger pistol, and a couple of semi-automatic assault rifles. Great experience.

Did I come away thinking "I GOTS to get me one of those" ? Mmnah.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The right to fire a musket at an invading army…..
Don’t think the hover of the time we’re talking about semi-automatics.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not for me Clive

Was round a mate's a few years back. He had a replica on a stand in the lounge.

He went for a wazz, I picked it up inquisitively.

A trigger. A TRIGGER.

Their cat flew out through the window at 130mph. Wasn't seen again for 2 days.

That was an innocent incident with a blank.

How easy it could.gave been a live one if laws were different.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
believe you can own a hand gun, kept at a gun club/range. its easier than i thought to get a shotgun too, as long as you are not a criminal or upsetting behaviour. people who want to shot for sport are reasonably able to here.
Easy? Bollocks! - go into your local police station and enquire about how to get a gun licence, and enquire what you can have without a licence and where needing a licence kicks in - and you'll get thrown out with a nasty flea in your ear, with a clear message that they'd like to arrest you if they could think of an actual charge.

(Coincidentally, I am/was a normal citizen with a family, a mortgage and a steady job, and nothing on police files about me at all, and certainly no criminal record; I simply wanted to know if I could use a gun (and of what sort) to sort out the rats coming up from the stream at the bottom of the garden. I could have been one of the Kray twins the way I was treated).

D

Deleted member 2719

I’ve got an air rifle I use for pest control in the garden now, and used to go shooting pheasants and rabbits with my dad when I was younger with 410s and 12-bores. Wouldn’t want anything more powerful than the air rifle these days.

Snap, although I don't have pests in my garden at this house the one that did come in drowned in my watering can.

I shot many rats and rabbits as a kid, with my bsa air rifle and I once won a shooting competition as a scout!

But my biggest achievement would be peppering the feck out of a coke can!

Would I have a hand gun? No, even though some of the best times I had as a kid was finger twirling and shooting my cap gun from my holster.
I was fascinated with the old westerns and Jessie James and Billy the kid.

What's happening in the states is horrendous, but where do you start?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Don’t get caught doing that though……. big fines

Really - for terminating them with extreme prejudice or turning them into tasty meals?

I'm sure I have had Woodpigeon in the past - was it all dodgy gear I was eating?

Obviously I would shoot/eat a nice Sussex Woodpigeon rather than the toeless mutants that wobble around London Streets...

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Snap, although I don't have pests in my garden at this house the one that did come in drowned in my watering can.

I shot many rats and rabbits as a kid, with my bsa air rifle and I once won a shooting competition as a scout!

But my biggest achievement would be peppering the feck out of a coke can!

Would I have a hand gun? No, even though some of the best times I had as a kid was finger twirling and shooting my cap gun from my holster.
I was fascinated with the old westerns and Jessie James and Billy the kid.

What's happening in the states is horrendous, but where do you start?

You and I both....where do we start? Not from there (US) - lucky for us :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
America is the most Paranoid Nation I've visited. Surprisingly, I'd put Oz at #2.

Probably the home invasions by the Sudanese gangs and all the meth heads I'd reckon.

Nothing to do with paranoia.

I mean we just had a guy hacked up with a machete in broad after he was chased down the street and robbed of his sneakers.

Most people call that real life.

And in my line of work you get to see who and what is lurking in the shadows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here