• No.

Votes: 245 91.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't, but if I'd grown up in a culture where an 18th century constitution trumps common sense and I'd been told I needed a gun for my own protection pretty much every day of my childhood, then I probably would.

Very much this.

A few Americans I know or know of, who are absolutely the kind of people you would bet wouldn't own a gun based on UK society values, do own guns and believe it is absolutely essential for them to do so in order to protect their family.

They all consider not owning a gun as being as mad as most of us would consider owning one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
17 year old Jnr wants a shotgun, for work - he's a bank robber, ba-dom-tish.

Nah he would like one and at some point, if he sticks at it, will need one.
So a few weeks ago we had an interesting conversation.

"Can I apply for a shotgun?"
"Jesus wept no".
"Why not?"
"Cos you're 17 and a tw@t, and you only know tw@ts, which is how it's supposed to be".
"Fair".

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
No,quite happy with my baseball bat

That said,my neighbour has a shotgun,being a hunter (South West France)

Who's just a phone call away if needed

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How the hell did you end up there out of interest?

A friend from Norrland moved down to Gothenburg, desperate for an apartment he moved to Biskopsgården thinking "it can't be that bad". A few months in he was basically living in his car instead and once he moved back north, the apartment was empty and he made the massive mistake to rent it to me, who at that point was equally desperate. It worked ok for me, I get along fine with gangsters, but obviously it was a bit stressful to hear bombs, grenades and shootings each week. I lived there for a little more than a year.

Planning to move back to Gothenburg later this year but staying away from the ghettos, better to stay in Lund if those are the only options.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
A friend from Norrland moved down to Gothenburg, desperate for an apartment he moved to Biskopsgården thinking "it can't be that bad". A few months in he was basically living in his car instead and once he moved back north, the apartment was empty and he made the massive mistake to rent it to me, who at that point was equally desperate. It worked ok for me, I get along fine with gangsters, but obviously it was a bit stressful to hear bombs, grenades and shootings each week. I lived there for a little more than a year.

Planning to move back to Gothenburg later this year but staying away from the ghettos, better to stay in Lund if those are the only options.

No wonder you wanted to come to Portslade :lol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not a handgun but very tempted to get an air rifle to see off the Pigeons crapping all over my lawn. :lolol:

Added bonus would be ready made ingredients for Free Range Pigeon Pie...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
believe you can own a hand gun, kept at a gun club/range. its easier than i thought to get a shotgun too, as long as you are not a criminal or upsetting behaviour. people who want to shot for sport are reasonably able to here.

Reasonable care with punctuation and proofreading not a prerequisite?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, the idea of having a weapon designed purely to kill feels wrong. I know I have knives and other items which could in theory be used to kill someone, but that is not their primary purpose.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes I would. But I would also likely have shot someone by now if I had owned it

Me too. The good lord didn't put us on this earth to get what we want, fortunately :lolol: :wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not a handgun but very tempted to get an air rifle to see off the Pigeons crapping all over my lawn. :lolol:

Added bonus would be ready made ingredients for Free Range Pigeon Pie...

Don’t get caught doing that though……. big fines

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do know 2 people, ex servicemen who do own illegal handguns brought back as souvenirs from our foreign wars.

Last I knew, neither had fired them in this country, just kept hidden away in the house.
I really don’t understand why, and I don’t think they do either.

Precisely the same reason I would buy one if I could do so. Absolutely no idea what the reason would be.

I often carry a very sharp knife, but I tell myself it is for removing ivy from trees when I walk in the woods (I only ever use the knife for this purpose). One of my brothers has a knife for exactly the same purpose.

It isn't right, though, is it? ???

:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I deffo could've shot a couple of people in the past..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I wouldn't, but if I'd grown up in a culture where an 18th century constitution trumps common sense and I'd been told I needed a gun for my own protection pretty much every day of my childhood, then I probably would.

The British Empire is no longer a threat to the 13 American colonies nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here