would you leave england,if you could.?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No. I got homesick for Sussex living in Yorkshire.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, they are all foreign out there. :glare:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Currently here in Hong Kong and do miss BHA and Sussex ,but as a whole you notice things more when you come back. Standards do seem to have lowered in services etc waiting list queues , but end of day it is home and i know when i do come back it will be to live in or close to Brighton.. Thats if i can afford the council tax and the rest of Labours stealth taxes!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have already lived overseas for nearly 9 years, plus another 3 in Scotland, can't say I missed all that much...so, yes, I would happily live abroad again and almost certainly will when I retire.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I did mention to Mrs Gwylan about living in France but she would have none of it.

So, I would but I think I'd be without a family.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Planning to retire to France when the time is right (more likely the kids grow up) :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Yep. Would be in Oz now if I could get a visa. Next option is the States :) Anything to get away from the grim state of this country.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Absolutely.

We only moved back (from Egypt) about four years ago and are ready to head away again. Probably to Luxembourg, but possibly back to Egypt.

Had certain things in our lives not changed we'd probably have moved away this year. As it is it'll be a couple of years down the line, but definitely before our youngest child starts full time school.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
B.M.F said:
Yep. Would be in Oz now if I could get a visa. Next option is the States :) Anything to get away from the grim state of this country.

If you can't get a visa for Oz you're not likely to have much luck with the States...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
B.M.F said:
Yep. Would be in Oz now if I could get a visa.

I don't think you need a visa, you just need a tornado to take you there. Watch out for the wicked witch though.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm am about to embark on my first expiereince of being abroad for a long period of time...as I have got a job with first choice..

Not sure on the location but it will be for the summer aprrox 6 months....am very much looking forward to it..But am very nervous about it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
substituting "England" for "Ireland".

I've spent a fair bit of time travelling around to come to the conclusion that, erm, I could live here or in the UK but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Possibly Slovakia when their police calm down and realise they're in the EU.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would consider moving abroad, but have not travelled too much and so have not found the ideal place. thought about Dubai for a while as I have friends who live there and I visited once but right now that is too big a leap.

I love English countryside and would love to end up living in Lake District, possibly Kendall or Ambleside. Checked out house prices there and you can buy a three bedroom, own parking, stunning views etc for approx £110G, not bad. However I am trying to establish myself as an actor at the moment and work is picking up, having had several paid jobs already this year and looks like it's on the up so being in The South of England looks likely for a good few years as that kind of work is hard to find in Cumbria!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I've got no intention of staying here in 5 or 6 years time, we certainly plan to have a flat in Brighton for coming back, but we have already invested in a house in France, its a great location beside a beach, crime is low, its not bursting at the seams, the food is great and the pace of life is much much better.

I will miss Cricket, and possibly the Albion if we get Falmer, but not much else about the day to day routine.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Moveed to Turkey because of my father in law's health but can find few reasons other than the Seagulls to live in England. Might coem back if my daughter goes to uni in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports