Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you have Potter back?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same here and to add to the 8 months I think the home game we lost to Burnley should specifically be called out on its own as a factor too
With lockdowns too and I didn’t go to the ManC win, there was a colossal gap for me in seeing an Albion win. Do you remember how shit we were in winter 2019/20? Imho definitely going down, lockdown 1 favoured us enabling GP a reset.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Quite simply he wouldn’t be welcome back now, especially after the various post move snide comments

Shirely even Graham would have the emotional intelligence to realise that it’s not worth applying for if the vacancy became available?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With lockdowns too and I didn’t go to the ManC win, there was a colossal gap for me in seeing an Albion win. Do you remember how shit we were in winter 2019/20. Imho definitely going down, lockdown 1 favoured us enabling GP a reset.
To make matters worse, the Man City game was the only game we were successful as CAT1 for tickets and we didn’t take them up as couldn’t take junior as it was a school night!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
His last game v Leicester was second time I ever saw us win a home game under Potter - Burnley re two home defeats and Shef Utd home defeats were I think the worst defeats - only other games I managed under Potter home or away I think we drew the lot - seen us three times under RDZ, won two and drawn one - and in these three games we got 8 goals which if you take out Potters last game will be more than I saw us score in three years, though was a bit covid interrupted

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I still think he was never a good manager
This.

He was fortunate on occasions, anyone recall our form immediately before Covid 19?

We were effectively in free fall, did COVID keep us up?

Throw in last seasons no wins in 11 (okay 8 of them draws)and then the 6 straight defeats after Xmas, a slide only stopped with a goalless draw against ‘high flying’ Norwich.

Former Albion managers have been sacked for far less, clearly Tony and Mr Barber to a degree showed amazing patience and restrain.

He rode his luck, unfortunately that luck appears to have deserted him at the Bridge.

But in answer to the original question, No.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite simply he wouldn’t be welcome back now, especially after the various post move snide comments

Shirely even Graham would have the emotional intelligence to realise that it’s not worth applying for if the vacancy became available?
This.

It’s also bizarre that “emotional intelligence guy” doesn’t seem to have a shred of self awareness. Unless, in emotional intelligence classes the first thing they teach you is lack of self awareness

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Football is so fickle I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back and everybody singing his praises in 12 months. Murray went to palace and was received like a hero after his return !!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have a great marriage, the wife then leaves you for a bloke with a Ferrari and you consider having her back after subsequently getting shacked up Lizz Hurley. No thanks

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Football is so fickle I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back and everybody singing his praises in 12 months. Murray went to palace and was received like a hero after his return !!
Because he wanted to stay in 2011. Poyet’s arrogance got it all wrong. £3.25m on a shuttle sprinter, when all we had to do was give a big pay rise to Muzza.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
His last game v Leicester was second time I ever saw us win a home game under Potter - Burnley re two home defeats and Shef Utd home defeats were I think the worst defeats - only other games I managed under Potter home or away I think we drew the lot - seen us three times under RDZ, won two and drawn one - and in these three games we got 8 goals which if you take out Potters last game will be more than I saw us score in three years, though was a bit covid interrupted
Not forgetting his unique EPL record, the only team in the history of the competition to fail to beat all three of the relegated clubs, Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United, home or away, 20/21.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This.

He was fortunate on occasions, anyone recall our form immediately before Covid 19?

We were effectively in free fall, did COVID keep us up?

Throw in last seasons no wins in 11 (okay 8 of them draws)and then the 6 straight defeats after Xmas, a slide only stopped with a goalless draw against ‘high flying’ Norwich.

Former Albion managers have been sacked for far less, clearly Tony and Mr Barber to a degree showed amazing patience and restrain.

He rode his luck, unfortunately that luck appears to have deserted him at the Bridge.

But in answer to the original question, No.
I agree but I think what we all saw was potential. I was convinced that with better players his game plan would bare fruit. He left before this potential was realised. Of course the opportunity to prove me right was there with the hundreds of millions spent at Chelsea. No I doubt that I was right in there first place.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No thanks. Maybe one day, but it's likely that he and the club would've moved on by then.

The club will already have a shortlist of who replaces RDZ and GPott won't be on it. It would feel like a backwards - and unpopular - step.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here