Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Liverpool sell us Teixeira in the summer?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When will you learn, we have history in this department.
We get player on a season long loan (normally defenders) they play well enough to be noticed and they go somewhere else the next season

Upson was on loan for 6 months, played well enough to get noticed. And then we signed him for 2013/14... He did then go after that admittedly back to the Prem League so fair enough.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It must be said, they really have a wealth of attacking midfield talent. Coutinho, Sterling, Markovic, Lallana, Ibe not to mention that Gerrard fella.

TBH I was AMAZED that Ibe got in to the Liverpool team, as were most Derby fans - He had his moments for us, but wasn't very consistent at all. That said and while I haven't seen too many games worth of Teixeira, he's 22 so you would image time is running out to make an impact at Liverpool so there must be a chance.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I had my doubts earlier in the season and thought Gerrard was just being kind in his assessment. But I'm increasingly convinced that Tex is the real deal.

If he continues to improve at this rate he'll be good enough for a Premier League side to come knocking in the summer. He won't want to sign for a club that's in a Championship relegation battle, and which can't match the wages offered even in our own division, however much he may be enjoying his time with us.

this
unfortunately

this lad has potential

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's not the buying price but the personal terms that could be the sticking point we would need to get to the premiership within two years, we need to have class players if we are going to make our dream come true.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I still don't see him as a week in week out starter.

As good as he was yesterday he's had considerably more games that he didn't turn up for.
That's before taking into account the games he can't make the 18 for a variety of reasons.

About 1 month ago I would have agreed with you, but he seems to have undergone a bit of a renaissance under Hughton. Under Hyypia he went from excellent to very weak and inconsistent and is clearly a confidence player. When he's confident, he should 100% start every match. His consistency seems to have improved too.

In general, I think the last two starting line-ups seem to have shown Hughton settling on a first 11. Long may that continue (as long as we're going in the right direction!).

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If he was that good we would have been winning more games. He has looked impressive in a few games at home and ordinary in a good many others. I do not think the fee would be prohibitive, I think it is what salary he and his agent might demand.

What a ridiculous statement.

Football is a TEAM game.

That's like saying: 'If Ronaldo was really all that then Portugal would've won the world cup'.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He is clearly our best player currently.

I'd say Liverpool will loan him out to a bottom 6 premiership side next year, can't see him getting even on their bench considering they will spend another 100M should they get the CL.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A player of his age, with his pedigree.. they'll want closer to £10 million than £5m.. That's certainly not within our budget and even if we could scrape a fee together there'd be clubs offering him double or even triple what we could,

Great player, just enjoy him while we have him,

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A player of his age, with his pedigree.. they'll want closer to £10 million than £5m.. That's certainly not within our budget and even if we could scrape a fee together there'd be clubs offering him double or even triple what we could,

What about that Jesse Lingard ? He's of similar background, ex Eng u21 player, but now 22, and has been at Man Utd now for nearly 4 years.
He is now on his 3rd season being loaned out again to a Champ clubs yet he's only ever made 1 appearance for MU.
I doubt he'll be at United next season. Question is , is Tex a Jordan Ibe (jury's out on him so far) or a Lingard ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What about that Jesse Lingard ? He's of similar background, ex Eng u21 player, but now 22, and has been at Man Utd now for nearly 4 years.
He is now on his 3rd season being loaned out again to a Champ clubs yet he's only ever made 1 appearance for MU.
I doubt he'll be at United next season. Question is , is Tex a Jordan Ibe (jury's out on him so far) or a Lingard ?

Tex on fire is a much more skilful and exciting player than Lingard imo and more creative. Once he gets a bit more experience he will be Premiership quality. Not sure I can say that about Lingard who looks a good Championship prospect.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
What a ridiculous statement.

Football is a TEAM game.

That's like saying: 'If Ronaldo was really all that then Portugal would've won the world cup'.

Not at all. Look where we are in the league. His job is to create and score and he has not been doing enough of it. He has been lightweight and pushed off the ball very easily. When player of the year was considered on here a couple of weeks ago he did not even rate a mention. He has had a couple of good home games and really nothing more than that. Hopefully you can understand that. You can be sure if we were near the top of the league and getting plenty of media attention for our excellent performances he would be worth considerably more.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think Liverpool would value him that highly; if they did, he'd have been in their squad this season.

He is 22 with no PL pedigree. He has potential, but is also probe to getting bullied out of games easily. I certainly can't see anyone shelling out 5m, let alone 10m, on a player that has blown hot and cold in the Championship.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No, they clearly rate him. there's also a few players in the Prem this year who appear to have benefitied from multiple loan spells before being given a first team chance (Kane, Coquelin.) I'd imagine unless he has a scorching finish to the season, he'll be avilable for loan again next year.

With his talent he should be dominating this league - 3 good games in 22 appearances, he's hardly set the world alight. Yet.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not at all. Look where we are in the league. His job is to create and score and he has not been doing enough of it. He has been lightweight and pushed off the ball very easily. When player of the year was considered on here a couple of weeks ago he did not even rate a mention. He has had a couple of good home games and really nothing more than that. Hopefully you can understand that. You can be sure if we were near the top of the league and getting plenty of media attention for our excellent performances he would be worth considerably more.

Sorry if I came across as confrontational, I completely get what you mean. I realise his various strengths and weaknesses but my point was that often his good performances can be undone by the team letting him down. Having said that though, we've won every game he's scored in...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wouldn't surprise me to see him at a mid table prem side like west brom, Tottenham or Swansea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here