Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Liverpool sell us Teixeira in the summer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking of the exact same thing yesterday. Great player to have in the team. I'm sure it would be easily £1 million+ which may be a bit of stumbling block. Although the promise of first team football might persuade Teixiera to pressure Liverpool into making the deal happen.

He would have to really want to come here as he will be offered more elsewhere and I have no doubt we would be outbid by a fair number of teams anyway. Not convinced he'd be willing to wait nearly two weeks into next season before we made an offer either.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No chance of him signing for us in the summer.

Firstly I don't think Liverpool will let him go. Secondly he has done well so lower premiership or higher championship teams will be miles ahead of us in the queue to sign him.

Just won't happen.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If he was that good we would have been winning more games. He has looked impressive in a few games at home and ordinary in a good many others. I do not think the fee would be prohibitive, I think it is what salary he and his agent might demand.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Won't happen but is however the level of quality the new scouting team should be finding and we should be looking to sign rather than the lower quality that was brought last summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won't happen but is however the level of quality the new scouting team should be finding and we should be looking to sign rather than the lower quality that was brought last summer.

As a point of interest who are the new scouting team?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still don't see him as a week in week out starter.

As good as he was yesterday he's had considerably more games that he didn't turn up for.
That's before taking into account the games he can't make the 18 for a variety of reasons.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What hasn't been mentioned re his progress is the lengthy injury he carried whilst at Liverpool. I think he was out for over a year before he came back and made his debut for them.

It would be good to get him for another 12 month loan but clubs better financially placed than us will probably strike during the summer if they are after purchasing him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No chance of him signing for us in the summer.

Firstly I don't think Liverpool will let him go. Secondly he has done well so lower premiership or higher championship teams will be miles ahead of us in the queue to sign him.

Just won't happen.

There won't be any Championship teams higher than us at the beginning of August (unless we get relegated). Although not likely, I really don't see this as an impossibility; we free up a load of wages this summer from the end of Kemy and CMS's contracts alone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if he's available, it'll be a case of join the que.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I posed this very question to a mate yesterday. He's one of those players that could go either way i.e persevere and he'll be a top talent like Coutinho, or he could just float around on loan until his contract expires and he falls off of the face of the footballing world like Adam Morgan. He's a joy to watch when he's on song and at the moment that seems to be more often than not, I think having some quality like Kayal to work with will be beneficial for both Tex and us.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I had my doubts earlier in the season and thought Gerrard was just being kind in his assessment. But I'm increasingly convinced that Tex is the real deal.

If he continues to improve at this rate he'll be good enough for a Premier League side to come knocking in the summer. He won't want to sign for a club that's in a Championship relegation battle, and which can't match the wages offered even in our own division, however much he may be enjoying his time with us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought Liverpool would be happy to loan him out again but have the possibility of having him back during the season, a bit like Jordan Ibe arrangement at Derby. I'd love to have him here permanently but I can't see Liverpool wanting that deal, or the player for that matter.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The answer is YES we could get him and that will be down to whether CH can convince him that we can have a good go at Promotion next year. He convinced Nathan Redmond to join Norwich ahead of Everton and Swansea so no reason he can't do the same with Tex.

Will the Board cough up the cash........................That depend how much he will end up costing and CH won't overpay for him so depends on what other clubs might be willing to offer Liverpool

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's lined up as Coutinho's backup so at best we'd get him on loan again

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No, he will be loaned to another Championship side who are welling to pay more of his salary....

I actually don't buy that, Liverpool have invested in this player and people at the club think he has a big future. If and a big if we start to push on now for the rest of the season and play good football and he gets quality game time and keeps on improving then a team like Liverpool can suffer slightly less of a contribution if the player is benefiting in other ways. Just a wild thought

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here