Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would glen murray have made a difference?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It looks like a serious error over a rigid wage policy. Murray always seemed more likely to score than Barnes, if other parts of his play were less than the work rate required (arguable).

It all becomes more pertinent as we do not seem to have a player good enough for near post headers, or far post ones.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes, thats why CMS is our top scorer so far this season and currently joint 4th highest scorer in the league :facepalm:

Oh great, a facepalm poster.

He's the only player that plays up front for us and more ofter than not we dominate possession in games. I wonder why he's our top scorer? Are you really happy to see him spurn golden chance upon chance?

We had 20 shots tonight and scored one.

Palace had 11 and scored 5.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Whith hind sight it is easy to see that we would be a better team with Glenn,but palace took the gamble Gus was not willing to take.Murray has proved himself in this division,McSmudger and Barnes have not,fair play to palace and Freedman,and another poor decision by Gus

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It seems the one big gaff that will keep coming back to haunt gus???

Does anyone truly believe that Gus wanted to sign Murray? It's obvious to me that, rightly or wrongly, he just didn't rate him. This was by far and away, Gus' biggest cock up. Interestingly, Murray and Davies (Barnsley) have scored over twice the number of goals that Mackail-Smith and Barnes have done this season. Make one think about what might have been.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When will people realize that the decision to let his contract run out was based purely on financial matters. I personally think that they should have extended his contract during the last year to have had a sell on value for him but for financial reasons they chose not to and who are we to argue with TB financial acumen.

Does anyone truly believe that Gus wanted to sign Murray? It's obvious to me that, rightly or wrongly, he just didn't rate him. This was by far and away, Gus' biggest cock up. Interestingly, Murray and Davies (Barnsley) have scored over twice the number of goals that Mackail-Smith and Barnes have done this season. Make one think about what might have been.

didn't fancy Davies when with us but Murray a little lazy but always class:moo:

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
It seems the one big gaff that will keep coming back to haunt gus???

One of the biggest gaffes in football EVER! You let your best player, your most prolific scorer go on a free. And where did he go? He went to your most hated rival. How many goals has he scored against you now?

Feb 14, 2010
A classy clinical finisher with a great touch in Murray over CMS/Barnes, both players who run around allot but both players who need 6 chances with 6 different girls before managing to score in a brothel? Yes mate, Murray would have made a difference. Poyet is the man for the job but he knows I'm sure that spending the cash on CMS was not a good idea. We were better off with Murray. We all make mistakes but his side need to stop choking in big games. Oh and I couldnt give a sh!t what friends he has in the game, what he did at spurs or chelsea. He will be judged on what he does with brighton - the club with the biggest gates in the division but currently in mid table.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'm getting peed off with all the Murray talk he's gone and wont be back, i cannot wait for his career to end hopefully they will go up or we do then with any luck he will not play against us again he is like the proverbial bad penny keeps on turning up at least he has the decency not to rub our noses in it when he scores against us.We all knew how good he was and feared his coming back to haunt us but this is turning into my worst nightmare. PS i don't want anything horrible to happen to him just for his footballing career to finish naturally in time' just don't want to have to face him again apart from the home game.Just leave us alone Glen FFS.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whith hind sight it is easy to see that we would be a better team with Glenn,but palace took the gamble Gus was not willing to take.Murray has proved himself in this division,McSmudger and Barnes have not,fair play to palace and Freedman,and another poor decision by Gus

Is an accurate assessment.

(And there was no "gamble". The wages Glenn wanted were tiny compared to many in the current Albion squad, and the Albion's turnover is 5x that of the Withdean era).

Feb 14, 2010
One of the biggest gaffes in football EVER! You let your best player, your most prolific scorer go on a free. And where did he go? He went to your most hated rival. How many goals has he scored against you now?

It's impossible to argue with this. He has replaced Murray with CMS and Barnes. Neither of which can hit a cows arse with a banjo and who need 6 chances between them to convert 1. Poyet is playing the right football but letting Murray go and spending Millions on CMS was a mistake

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
When will people realize that the decision to let his contract run out was based purely on financial matters. I personally think that they should have extended his contract during the last year to have had a sell on value for him but for financial reasons they chose not to and who are we to argue with TB financial acumen.

You're welcome to believe that but don't expect others to. It's a convenient party line to protect certain people.

Bad Bill Clinton did not indulge in a sexual activity with Monica Lewinski.
Tony Blair had considerable influence over George W. Bush. and so on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here