Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would glen murray have made a difference?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Murray would have made all the difference, this season and last. Gus's biggest error. The guy is absolute class and just what we are missing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Murray is past his peak. I cannot blame him for going for higher wages as his career is coming to an end soon.

Barnes is coming up to his prime. He was only just below Murray but that could put down to him being older.

I think our training technique is being upped a bit. This should help Barnes.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
That is obviously not a serious suggestion. Yes he has done well for Palace who are experiencing a purple patch. I would sooner have signed George Boyd from Peterborough to complement the way we play.

i'm actually being serious. i just don't rate CMS. he has no strength, first touch, composure, aerial ability, ball control - the list goes on. Yes, he runs around a lot, but what use it that if you have none of those other abilities?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i'm actually being serious. i just don't rate CMS. he has no strength, first touch, composure, aerial ability, ball control - the list goes on. Yes, he runs around a lot, but what use it that if you have none of those other abilities?

Th only one that Murray beats him at is aerial ability the rest he is as good if not better at than Murray plus he is much much quicker. I cannot see where you get this list of his failures from because I haven't seen it. His first touch to balls in his grasp and close ball control are very good.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Murray is a class striker when given the service , holds the ball up we'll can head good touch and knows where the net is
Far to good to give away?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes but time to move on

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was always a bit awkward having Barnes and Murray in the same squad as often only one of them would make the first team. Murray was blocking the development of Barnes. The idea would be to get a younger faster player to compliment one of them. Barnes being the younger more complete player (if less presence as an actual goalscorer) was a fraction ahead as the best to keep. I still think we ought to have kept him until and better "magical" striker came along.

Neither Macca or Barnes seem to have guile or the clinical ability or awareness I like to see in our main striker, but both make up for it with hard work. And I think it was hard work that gave us the superiority over Leeds.

When did we get a last headed goal? Thinking of Macca against Sunderland, Barnes against Wrexham, Vincelot against someone, but my memory is not so good now.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Murray is past his peak. I cannot blame him for going for higher wages as his career is coming to an end soon.

Barnes is coming up to his prime. He was only just below Murray but that could put down to him being older.

LOOL again,

Scoring goals for fun at the highest level he has played at. Yh he's past it!!! lol

Some people just havent got a clue!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

My oh my, Murray at Palace still hurts does it

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Biggest mistake Albion have made in many a year !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here