Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would glen murray have made a difference?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Cracking pen last night and boy did he celebrate in front of a set of fans who appreciate his efforts and contribution. To be honest I was dreading him taking it, I've seen quite a few of his efforts from the spot, anyway he's put us into the 5th place that you lot, despite it being early in the season, have been banging on about for a while, perhaps some of you might have the balls to admit you should have kept him.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Cracking pen last night and boy did he celebrate in front of a set of fans who appreciate his efforts and contribution. To be honest I was dreading him taking it, I've seen quite a few of his efforts from the spot, anyway he's put us into the 5th place that you lot, despite it being early in the season, have been banging on about for a while, perhaps some of you might have the balls to admit you should have kept him.

Obviously not then

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
it's becoming a sad reality of our season, that we're totally under utilising our most expensive signing of all time. Murray and players like him would make a huge difference.

Indeed - Darius Henderson might not have come near scoring last night, but he won virtually every high ball and held it up. That said, I thought Dunk coped fairly well with him, and had his best game for a while.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is Glenn Murray he new Kuipers - the guy people whistfully remember and rarely give his replacements a chance to establish themselves?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Ive said it before and will say again, Murray did well in the very last season but I realy dont rate him and more importantly it is obvious Gus did not rate him enough to keep him so INMO Gus's beleive is gospel, It makes me wonder how many people that bang pn about us keeping Muzza actualy watched him, the first two seasons he was the biggest waste of money I had seen he was lazy and tempramental

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Baz, Battipiedi, Holroyd.........

Er......erm........well......... yeah okay you got me there, but still not a Murray fan and not because he went to Palarse he did well last season especialy in the final stages (was he playing to impress to be kept?) but never realy liked him im afraid and I will reiterate that is NOT because he went to Palarse

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Is Glenn Murray he new Kuipers - the guy people whistfully remember and rarely give his replacements a chance to establish themselves?

In my view we haven't replaced him!

The new signings have other skills that he hasn't, but I believe a Murray-type player is what we need to complement CMS and provide him with many more opportunities.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another penalty miss another 2 points dropped:facepalm:

You realise Murray's contribution to palace's game today was:
1 open play goal
1 scored penalty
1 missed penalty (and he missed the rebound when, according to the ssn reporter, it would have been easier to score).

How did his replacement, CMS, get on for us on Friday? Oh that's right...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here