Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 59 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 53.0%
  • Yes...but only during pre season....

Votes: 59 23.5%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If he does it will be for the money. I am convinced that if every club in the Premier league had equal funds available we would be the best Job in the league.
Absolute nonsense 😂

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That squad is borderline unfixable- you'd need to offload 15+ players as a starting point. Sancho, Maguire, Fernandes and Antony are poison, Rashford blows hot and cold for 6 months at a time, Garnacho is a cocky prick that doesn't have the talent to back up his demeanour. Mount was an appalling signing, Casemiro's legs have gone, Varane is permanently injured, Martial wasn't good enough 5 years ago let alone now, same with the likes of Dalot, Wan-Bissaka etc. Funnily enough, the one player who has bailed them out a few times recently, McTominay, is the one they were trying to force out the door.

Doubt there will be many top managers willing to go into that shitshow. Potter would get eaten alive there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pretty one-dimensional view imho. There are so many reasons not to go there and Barcelona are bigger than Man U, Bayern are as big a club. Players have turned them down because they were wanting London clubs. Not everyone views Man U as a gig ‘you’d be stupid to turn down’
How many managers can you think of that have turned the Man Utd job down?

I find it genuinely funny that some Brighton fans think that a highly ambitious up and coming manager would turn the Man Utd job down in favour of staying at a mid size club with a 30,000 stadium because they have a nice owner.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On Talkshite last night they were on about Emery going there. Reckoned he was the third best manager in the PL.

My money is still on RDZ going to the other Manchester club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How many managers can you think of that have turned the Man Utd job down?

I find it genuinely funny that some Brighton fans think that a highly ambitious up and coming manager would turn the Man Utd job down in favour of staying at a mid size club with a 30,000 stadium because they have a nice owner.
Read whingforpresident post above ! It's a massive poisoned chalice. If RDZ recognises how good he is he will know that the pick of top manager jobs is coming. Man u ain't one at the moment or for at least a couple of years.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On Talkshite last night they were on about Emery going there. Reckoned he was the third best manager in the PL.

My money is still on RDZ going to the other Manchester club.
Who's the second ? Surely not arteta !!?

You could even argue emery is the best as pep only ever gets jobs with incredible squads, and took years to win the champions League with city.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If ETH gets the boot soon, then it wouldn’t happen. There is seemingly a binding agreement in DeZerb’s contract that prevents my mid-season move.

I think he’s safe for a little while anyway. Their next 3 PL games are Fulham, Luton and Everton. They’ll win those, and the pressure will ease for a bit.
My understanding of it isn't that he can't move mid-season, just that the buy out clause can't be activated during the season. That is, it would take a negotiation and agreement with the club, rather than an obligation to release him with a pre-determined amount.

Having said that, I saw a tweet from one of the journalists I follow that it would cost Man U £15m to fire ETH. So they'd be looking at a lay out of probably a minimum of £30m to dump Eric and bring in Roberto, which may be more than they are willing to spend.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who's the second ? Surely not arteta !!?

You could even argue emery is the best as pep only ever gets jobs with incredible squads, and took years to win the champions League with city.
No idea. I missed the beginning of the segment.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My understanding of it isn't that he can't move mid-season, just that the buy out clause can't be activated during the season. That is, it would take a negotiation and agreement with the club, rather than an obligation to release him with a pre-determined amount.

Very clever of the club if true. We would want a crazy sum. And would make it very difficult, and potentially embarrassing for man u or similar, probably enough to put them off. RDZ may be slightly peeved, but he did sign the contract and is a reasonable man.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
If I was RDZ I’d just wait for the City job and be guaranteed a better run operation than whatever mess United is begging to be fixed.

Either way, if Potter went to Chelsea for stupid money, RDZ will be far more expensive.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
If I was RDZ I’d just wait for the City job and be guaranteed a better run operation than whatever mess United is begging to be fixed.

Either way, if Potter went to Chelsea for stupid money, RDZ will be far more expensive.
RDZ’s eyes will be on a big job in sunny Spain or Italy, based on some of his interviews. There is a view that the PL is the be all and end all when it really isn’t. Quality of life is more important, just ask Pep Guardiola’s Spain-based family.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Emery is better at some little backwater club, not the historically big ones. This is based on the fact I hate, loath and detest villa and he was booted out of arsenal.
They ought to try another scottish manager, Clarke seems to be able to make a silk purse....etc

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'd like to think he would see what a basket case ManUre are with no infrastructure above the manager/coach, and turn it down. But Chelsea were in the same position and Potter leapt for the cash.

With rumours that Jim Ratcliffe would take over the "football operations" side of things, I can see him putting in a more effective corporate structure similar to ours, allowing the coach to be a coach. And therefore much more attractive to someone like RDZ.

I can see them waiting to fire Ten Haag until Ratcliffe is in charge, as seems the Glazers don't really give a sh1t anymore as long as they don't get relegated!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Squeeky bum time coming up soon methinks.

Man u on the ropes, completely hapless geography teacher manager, with no tactics or plan that looks like he's had enough.... crap football week in week out.

Surely only a matter of time before he is fired.

RDZ joint 3rd favourite with our boy potter ! Nagelsman second favourite (who surely wouldn't take it). Zidane favourite.

Thoughts?

I think 50/50 he would leave during the season. He's a lot more honourable than potter. But if offered at the end. Of the season he would probably jump at the chance sadly.
This exact thought went through my mind when watching them cack it up yet again last night, with Ten Bob sitting there with a face like a smacked hairy arse. For what it's worth I suspect he would go immediately, but maybe he's better than that after all.

Also, ManUre have some very good players but I am not sure how they would take to being shouted at and told to 'f***ing focus' when warming the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here