Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 59 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 53.0%
  • Yes...but only during pre season....

Votes: 59 23.5%

• Total voters

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’m not sure he’d go. The problems there can’t be fixed by changing the manager and he’ll know it.

Given that we have a squad of what appears to be reasonably down to earth and well behaved lads and RDZ still managed to fall out with Trossard and Sanchez, imagine how many players he’d have left over there, in a squad of prima donna dickheads? He’ll lose the dressing room in record time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Squeeky bum time coming up soon methinks.

Man u on the ropes, completely hapless geography teacher manager, with no tactics or plan that looks like he's had enough.... crap football week in week out.

Surely only a matter of time before he is fired.

RDZ joint 3rd favourite with our boy potter ! Nagelsman second favourite (who surely wouldn't take it). Zidane favourite.

Thoughts?

I think 50/50 he would leave during the season. He's a lot more honourable than potter. But if offered at the end. Of the season he would probably jump at the chance sadly.
Why would they swap one completely hapless geography teacher manager for another one?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I do think when / if RDZ takes a bigger job the pressure may send him bananas!

He gets bloody worked up managing us - imagine what he'd be like with the enormous pressure a big job would bring.

It might break him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yer that's fair, in the context of that decision he wasn't spineless. But I didn't like the disrespect potter had for the fans when he was here. And the nasty comments about us being an 'easy' club to manage afterwards. But tbf that didn't paint him as spinless either. More like a gut feeling that he's a weak man.

Saying all that, if RDZ left tomorrow , potty boy would be one of the faves for the Albion job.
With many bookmakers, perhaps.

But not Starlizard. ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The betting market has quickly taken shape. When I looked this morning, only Paddy Power were offering odds and RDZ wasn't listed at all.

In the last hour or so SkyBet, BetVictor and Betfair have all priced it up.

Potter shorter odds, generally, than RDZ - there's been some paper talk of Sir Jim Ratcliffe being a Potter admirer recently.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 11.11.01.png

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I don't think he'd go.

If you said Arsenal, City, Liverpool - yes. Maybe Spurs at a push but that's doubtful.

Don't think he'd go to any other club in the league as it stands.

On the Potter point, lots of talk about him taking the Swedish national team job this morning.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If I were the Glazers I'd call Gary Neville's bluff. Give him the job then let's see.
tbf he wouldnt do any worse, ast least get them organised. they are group of individuals at the moment. cant see them going to De Zerbi, Man U like to get the "name".

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The betting market has quickly taken shape. When I looked this morning, only Paddy Power were offering odds and RDZ wasn't listed at all.

Potter shorter odds, generally, than RDZ - there's been some paper talk of Sir Jim Ratcliffe being a Potter admirer recently.

View attachment 169069
Man United have been admirers of GPotz for a long time, even without any INEOS influence. Especially in the post-Solskjær period...

It wouldn't shock me if he was offered the job, would he make the move up north though? He seems quite settled in Brighton by all accounts.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'd love it, LOVE IT, if Dick Emery went to Man U, so that Villa can resume their status of being a bit bobbins rather than their current run of success.
Be careful what you wish for, if this were to happen, Villa will be in for RDZ like a rat up a drain pipe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think he'd go.

If you said Arsenal, City, Liverpool - yes. Maybe Spurs at a push but that's doubtful.

Don't think he'd go to any other club in the league as it stands.

On the Potter point, lots of talk about him taking the Swedish national team job this morning.
His missus will be thrilled :lolol:

FCB

Sep 1, 2023

View attachment 169069

Don't know why Zidane is so high on the list. That bald fraud knows his black magic won't work without CR and Sergio Ramos. :D More seriously, over last two years he has turned down multiple job offers including PSG. Tbf they are also in quite a mess but more for underperforming on a sporting level (only winning the CL would please Qatari owners) than a whole institutional no leadership situation United are in basically since SAF left a decade ago.

Also knowing how crazy OM fans are it was the right decision as his family/friends living in Marseille would be in serious danger. Another thing is I believe Zidane wants to manage France NT next. Could potentially also return to Madrid when Ancelotti leaves next summer but I think they'll go for Xabi Alonso who is doing a great job at Bayer Leverkusen.

As for RDZ if he is as smart as I think he is would be much better for him to wait until 2025 and take over City if Pep will actually leave.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If ETH gets the boot soon, then it wouldn’t happen. There is seemingly a binding agreement in DeZerb’s contract that prevents my mid-season move.

I think he’s safe for a little while anyway. Their next 3 PL games are Fulham, Luton and Everton. They’ll win those, and the pressure will ease for a bit.

Fulham away is the type of fixture a manager under pressure does not want.

A wonder goal from Bruno and a keeping howler stopped them dropping points at Burnley and Sheff.

The players are leaking stuff about training, he's not going to be around much longer.

To answer the question, yes he would, but I'm not sure he would till the summer - United are one of the 5/6 clubs you don't tend to turn down.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
tbf he wouldnt do any worse, ast least get them organised. they are group of individuals at the moment. cant see them going to De Zerbi, Man U like to get the "name".
Apart from anyone in Southwick, who else had heard of Ralph Rangwick? 🤣

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
RDZ is far too smart to go to Man U at the moment.
Don't delude yourself.

Man U is still the biggest English club, even if in hard times. Its one of the biggest names in world football.

Similarly to Postecoglou to Spuds, they've been pants for so long, that its actually the best time to take the job, either you're successfull and turn it around (as is happening at Spurs) or you don't, yet walk away with 10s of millions and it's still due to club being toxic etc with rubbish owners.

Its more a free hit, where he'll massively increase his salary, his global profile and the worst case reputational risks are not as bad as you think.

He'd take it imho.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
USED to be one of the only clubs in world football, many more bigger and better these days.

Toxic with a falling apart stadium and horrid entitled players, yes I would take it on in a heartbeat.
Which makes it more appealing to some.

Being the man to return them to former glories.

Worst case you get a massive payout and not much damage to reputation for the reasons mentioned.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

View attachment 169069
Some of Ratcliffes recent (boarding on racist comments) suggest he wants a British core of players, you could take from that he wants the same for the manager

Last edited:

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
I'm not sure MAN U would go for RDZ.
This could obviously come back to bite me on the a**e.

Nicks

Poison Chalice.
You can be a great manager but if the players you have don't buy into yours ideas there is only one loser.
Cheaper to fire a manager than to try and sell players and buy ready made replacements

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here