Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

Would De Zerbi take the Man U job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 59 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 53.0%
  • Yes...but only during pre season....

Votes: 59 23.5%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Squeeky bum time coming up soon methinks.

Man u on the ropes, completely hapless geography teacher manager, with no tactics or plan that looks like he's had enough.... crap football week in week out.

Surely only a matter of time before he is fired.

RDZ joint 3rd favourite with our boy potter ! Nagelsman second favourite (who surely wouldn't take it). Zidane favourite.

Thoughts?

I think 50/50 he would leave during the season. He's a lot more honourable than potter. But if offered at the end. Of the season he would probably jump at the chance sadly.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I comfort myself with the fact that RDZ has spoken openly about how taking the Palermo job before he was ready was the biggest misstep of his career so far. I hope that that's taught him not to accept a job just because it's seen as a "big job" in the football world.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Squeeky bum time coming up soon methinks.

Man u on the ropes, completely hapless geography teacher manager, with no tactics or plan that looks like he's had enough.... crap football week in week out.

Surely only a matter of time before he is fired.

RDZ joint 3rd favourite with our boy potter ! Nagelsman second favourite (who surely wouldn't take it). Zidane favourite.

Thoughts?

I think 50/50 he would leave during the season. He's a lot more honourable than potter. But if offered at the end. Of the season he would probably jump at the chance sadly.
If ETH gets the boot soon, then it wouldn’t happen. There is seemingly a binding agreement in DeZerb’s contract that prevents my mid-season move.

I think he’s safe for a little while anyway. Their next 3 PL games are Fulham, Luton and Everton. They’ll win those, and the pressure will ease for a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any answer would be guesswork….genuinely no idea. I hope he sees the ‘project’ here as longer term and somewhere where he has the full support of probably the best owner in the league as opposed to a current basket-case club that is probably unfixable under the current owners, but would never underestimate what the draw of a ’big club’ and a likely 5x hike in salary might mean.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
After the Potter experience the answer has to be yes, unless RDZ really does possess an inner analytical capability that will highlight to him how utterly f***ed up United are. If Ratcliffe gets control of the football operations then Potter has an excellent chance; Brailsford &GPott will go full-on batshit with marginal gains.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If ETH gets the boot soon, then it wouldn’t happen. There is seemingly a binding agreement in DeZerb’s contract that prevents my mid-season move.

I think he’s safe for a little while anyway. Their next 3 PL games are Fulham, Luton and Everton. They’ll win those, and the pressure will ease for a bit.
I wouldn't put my mortgage on that. United are absolute shite and are quite capable of dropping points at either Fulham or Everton.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Which begs the question why do you think RDZ is more honourable than Potter? You don't know that until RDZ has been approached and he categorically rejects the offer to manage Man U.
Because of the way RDZ talks. He's always going on about loyalty and honour. And he stayed in Ukraine until bombs started coming down. Completely different character to spineless potty.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Stunned that so many people have voted no. Chelsea, I get. But this is Man Utd, the only bigger club in world football is Real Madrid. If you get offered that job, you take it. You don’t say ‘I don’t think the owners are right for me, I’ll wait until I get asked again in a few years time’. Succeed at Man Utd and literally any job in world football is yours if you want it. And he would succeed there.

He’d be absolutely mental not to take it, if it were offered.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Man United have tried everything. The disciplinarian (Jose), the club legend (Oles at the Wheel but not for long), the up and coming (ETH) and the old hand in Van Gaal. None of it works and It is surely because of recruitment.

Looking at that squad, there are very few that are top tier. Fernandez is a typical buy. Quality maybe but definitely not in his attitude and is an awful choice of captain, Anthony is a definite question mark in the attitude department and has done nothing to justify the fee and they had a lad from Burnley on loan up front last year. It's laughable how bad they are. Whoever runs that shitshow to end up with buys like Fred, Lindelof and Johnny Evans is theiving a living.

Would RDZ go? At the end of the season probably - it's still a massive club - but whoever pitches up, the issues run deeper than another manager to chuck on the bonfire.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because of the way RDZ talks. He always going on about loyalty. And he stayed in Ukraine until bombs started coming down. Completely different character to spineless potty.
In all seriousness, you think leaving Albion for a pay rise running into millions and the chance to manage a team that expects to challenge in the Champions League makes him "spineless"?

I think you're misreading the room if you think that's the widely held view. Most people's gripe with Potter is the way he ransacked half the backroom team (beyond his own people). I can't really accuse him of being spineless, there's no evidence of that.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It’s irrelevant as they won’t sack ETH at this point, and as others have stated, he has a contract which states that he can’t leave during the season.
I actually think that Potter would be a good fit for United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here