Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would De Zerbi take the Chelsea job if offered.....

Would De Zerbi take the Chelsea job if offered.....

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s been superb for Brighton I’m loving every minute even when he does occasionally get it wrong.
This doesn’t mean he will be superb for a top top club different ambitions different pressures. I noticed someone said he’s an elite manager until he’s managed an elite club and had success he’s not an elite manager. I don’t regard Chelsea as an elite club either more a Russian bought success once and now he’s gone type of club 🤣 he will be with us for a few years yet no need to panic.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If Roberto De Zerbi gets us in the Champions League(Top 4 and/or Europa League trophy) I'd expect him to want to have a crack at Europe's biggest prize. Then leave stage left for a so-called bigger fish.

When he does eventually depart it would be nice for everything to be fairly amicable. Unlike the G.P's who left this holy parish.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If anyone thinks that RDZ would leave Brighton for Chelsea if they sack poch, then listen to this.

from 8mins in

he would need to absolutely obsessed by money or a *ucking idiot.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I like the quote from De Zerbi about when he jumped to the wrong club earlier in his career:

"I was 37 when I went to Palermo, 37 to work in Serie A after two years in the equivalent of League One. I didn’t analyse well the situation. I thought, ‘Roberto, you have to go because it’s Serie A, you have to prove, to compete, to understand if you are able or not’.

But if there aren’t the conditions… and I have to answer no.

It helped me when I came to England. That experience was very important for me because I understood, and I decided not just for the prestige, to put your backside on an important bench. I want to sit where there are the right conditions for me to work."

I interpret that as he'll say no to Chelsea!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If anyone thinks that RDZ would leave Brighton for Chelsea if they sack poch, then listen to this.

from 8mins in

he would need to absolutely obsessed by money or a *ucking idiot.

Christ.

"You cannot work with Todd Beuoghly"

I can't even spell it. And I won't.

Maybe we are just finding out that Poch is overrated, Potter probably was, someone will go in there at some point and make a better fist of it. RDZ will have plenty of options other than that so who knows

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Seems he can hardly do anything wrong since he has been at Brighton, but he's had some poor seasons at some of his previous clubs. After all the recent players and staff going to Chelsea for big fees, and suddenly turning to be useless, they might want to stay clear of anything to do with Brighton for a while.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
£2.5 - £3 M a year is not minted by the wealthy PL standards when you can sign a 4 year contract at a club like Chelsea & be on £6m a year and get a pay off of £10m even when you get sacked within 6 months !

Yes agree but there is a level where you stop worrying about the cost of food, somewhere to live and even an old age pension. I would say most are past those points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here