Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would De Zerbi take the Chelsea job if offered.....

Would De Zerbi take the Chelsea job if offered.....

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I genuinely don't know. I'm gonna say no...

Timing could play a part. But surely he's not that stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well they are going to offer him 10 times his salary and the great and wise of NSC have been telling us since Potter left that there isn‘t a human alive who wouldn’t jump at the chance, so yes, yes of course he would

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
No. Absolutely confident about that.

Just like all people in all trades, money will be a motivating factor when changing jobs... however for RDZ, football management is more than just a job, it's his passion.

Chelsea would not be an enjoyable job for him, or any other manager at the moment. It's a broken club, almost irreperably.

He would absolutely leave us for a top, top European club - or a select few Premier League clubs (Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd) as long as they promise to back his vision...

Can't see him going ANYWHERE until the end of this season though, he has too much unfinished business here.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I can't see him going to Chelsea. I think he is more motivated by footballing ROMANCE than money.

I think he'd be very high up on Man City's shortlist once Guardiola goes.

However, I do get the impression that whilst he loves life at Brighton, he's not overly sold on living in the UK and his family are all back in Italy.

Wonder if the Italian national team would come calling at some point

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I thought an interesting note in the Telegraph article was that he is a family man and his daughter is studying in London. Completely from me putting two and two together and getting 52, but I think we'll keep RDZ until all of his family are back in Italy, and then he'll go and be a wonderful manager somewhere in mainland Europe at a massive club that is closer to "home".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No (sane) manager is looking at Chelsea right now and thinking "Yeah, I could turn that sh1tshow around".

They won't get relegated (sadly), but there must be a high risk of another year without Europe - and that's gonna start hurting.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No. I doubt it.

Personally I think he'll be here all of this season and next season.

His next job may be City, but I also think he'll be open to taking a role which nobody will expect him to

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I was thinking yesterday about how welcoming other clubs and their fans would be to RDZ's style of football. We seemed to accept it from the off, seeing it as innovative. Maybe Potter's football had already taken us a small part way down the path towards RDZ's brand. Im sure most clubs would be on board with it, given how much its improved us, but would some see it as such a radical change (all the foot on the ball, and slow walking out from goalkeepers, baiting the opposition) that fans might say 'its not the chelsea way' or similar & be against it... Maybe all would be on board, I was just pondering if there was a few clubs that no matter how good RDZ is wouldn't go for the change in style so dramatically.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This season? No - even if his contract didn't preclude it.
Next Season? Doubtful - I suspect he will still want to work through the current project with us.

After that?
The Football project on offer will be as big a motivator as the money for De Zerbi.
He is an elite manager. He will be managing a European super-power within the next 3-4 seasons.
If Chelsea are still in the mix by that point, then maybe. I suspect they won't be.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Maybe in 15-20 years! For someone who thrives on being surrounded by players and coaches 24/7, international management is not the role.
yes perhaps you're right.

In that case I imagine he'd be very high up on the list of all of Italy's top level clubs. Given his love of footballing romance I could see him at Napoli

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
RDZ will have the pick of the top jobs in football in due course. Why would he want to derail his career at Chelsea like so many others have done?
The last point is the key bit. Ego. No Brighton manager has backed themselves and their style like De Zerbi. If Chelsea offer, he may stay, he may go, but he's one of the few managers out there with the stones to make it work at that carnival of a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here