Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would 0-1 be better for us that 1-0 after the first leg ?

Is losing to Palace better than winning?

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some people on here really are stupid!!!!!!!

Are you seriously saying going into the 2nd game a goal down is much better than going into it winning :facepalm:

He's simply suggesting which line of psychology may benefit us over 2 legs.

A goal up and in the minds of players you've got something to lose i.e a 1-0 lead. This can cause players to bottle it in such a pressure situation..

A goal down and you play like you've got nothing to lose and attack, attack, attack.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You actually want Palace to score? Are you MAD?

No no no, stop asking stoopid questions right NOW!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

A goal up and in the minds of players you've got something to lose i.e a 1-0 lead. This can cause players to bottle it in such a pressure situation..

A goal down and you play like you've got nothing to lose and attack, attack, attack.
Er, yeah, but it's still better to go in 1 up with something to lose, than it is to be a goal down (when in reality, you're still under pressure with a place in the final to lose). It's a ridiculous question, and no amount of 'what ifs' can change that.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Er, yeah, but it's still better to go in 1 up with something to lose, than it is to be a goal down (when in reality, you're still under pressure with a place in the final to lose). It's a ridiculous question, and no amount of 'what ifs' can change that.

Of course you'd like to be up by goal.

Going by our record we're a far better team to be in front.

If you ask Bradford fans though they might think that going in a goal down actually spurred the team on to play far more attacking football in the second leg.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007

This ^^^^

so many react without actually reading the question, - tis about the mind-set of the players and the task in hand to complete the job

the wording on the poll is wrong as well

obviously i would prefer to dick them 5+ nil but no mentalist or insanite is going to believe that will happen

plus - did no-one spot the spelling mistake

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Let me put the pro Palace score first voters minds straight....

In order to win football matches you have to put the football into the opposition teams goal more times than they put the football into your teams goal. If having achieved that you then get another opportunity to play at Wembley to attempt to do this all over again. If you win that match you get to play in the premier league.

Giving our fiercest rivals a goal start would not make this challenge any easier to do and may result in me eating my fingernails, fingers, forearms and possibly my elbows too!

Comprende?

Therefore (in the words of Simon Cowell
It's a NO from me ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that we do as we did in the 1991 semis and win convincingly in the first leg so the 2nd is a formality although in 1991 we played at home first and still won at The Den.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
so many react without actually reading the question, - tis about the mind-set of the players and the task in hand to complete the job
No, we read the question and we understood it. We've got more chance of winning the tie (over two legs) if we win the first leg 1-0, than if we lose 1-0.

Don't flatter yourself that we didn't understand the question, just because you've been caught posting the most stupid question in NSC history.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
TnL_CPFC - The person who voted for 'We lose 1-0' glad to see you agree with us, cheers.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
How many games have we won from 1-0 down at half time? How many have we won from 1-0 up at half time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here