Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence at the Goldstone ?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Everyone knows that Chelsea game the real action happened Friday night and didn't it just.

Spot on, i was in Churchill Square that night and it was mental, first time I saw the police actually getting beaten up. Skinheads everywhere and lots of people with knives :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I remember that game was my 2nd game i went to and my first time in the north was hooked for life it was 93 and they came on the pitch because they scored but it was disallowed ha!i do remember the gits being in the east side of the north

It was my second time in the North. I got elbowed on the nose by a Brighton fan taking a swing at a Portsmouth fan.

I was with a friend and his father. The 6'6" beast of a man picked up the Portsmouth fan and handed him over to the police. Mr Wright :Bowdown:

Jan 30, 2008
View attachment 47622
The 44th anniversary of the start of World War II was marked in Brighton by a day of vioence, when the home team met Chelsea. Fans rampaged the Goldstone Road ground, and smashed a goal crossbar when they invaded the pitch. * Eight policemen were hospitalised.

Or maybe Spurs in 78 which led to the fences being put up around the Goldstone
so predictable that i gave this one a swerve, to many connections ,bushy knows who i mean
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
fa cup 4th round 83?

The lovely northern chaps were using the belts to whack us around the head as we walked past the queens head:facepalm:

Ater the game they were introduce to the brighton belt:blush:
go told that a few got a slap on the east terrace before the game DIDN'T REALISE WHERE THEY WERE STANDING :facepalm: ,also told they came onto the lower east terrace in a league game a few years later and called it on near the end of the game :blush:
regards
DR

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
The infamous battle of Hove Park. Which we won of course!:thumbsup:

Yes the game not sure about in park think one of yours got caught with a beauty and ended doing a spot of gardening in flower beds, also remember lad in smart blue suit jacket getting a good shoeing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oxford mental mob, local lad who's older brother was in with their firm said they were coming and they did :guns:
regards
DR
I know exactly who you mean, his older brother is a complete plum, I met him years later , bang into celtic and the IRA thing, I told him what a melt he was and exactly what i'd do if i ever heard any of that IRA sh1t from him and he swallowed it completely, tosser.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
They started it and Brighton finished it , I actual stood over a couple of Huddersfield fans who laying in the gutter as they had had enough I was protecting them from Brighton fans there mates had legged it towards the station. The road was Fonthill road I think they got caught between the North Stand crew and the Southstand crew.:whistle::whistle:

Remember that - a well planned ambush hee hee!!

Westport to Hove

Sep 29, 2013
I know exactly who you mean, his older brother is a complete plum, I met him years later , bang into celtic and the IRA thing, I told him what a melt he was and exactly what i'd do if i ever heard any of that IRA sh1t from him and he swallowed it completely, tosser.

What 'exactly' would you have done to the plum/melt/tosser? Sounds like he had enough issues

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Pedantic I know but it was further up Queens Road - top of North Road to Feathers pub (now gone) on corner where road splits.

I think this was a different time, could have been the same day with the one you mean
I came into West St from Duke St and about 50 WSF were running from a young Man City firm, WSF then stopped and turned on City and it went off at the junction of West St/ North St.

Think it was 82-83 season, but not sure if it was FA Cup or league game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here