Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence at the Goldstone ?

Jan 30, 2008
I know exactly who you mean, his older brother is a complete plum, I met him years later , bang into celtic and the IRA thing, I told him what a melt he was and exactly what i'd do if i ever heard any of that IRA sh1t from him and he swallowed it completely, tosser.
I didn't know that, i'm surprised to say the least
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
yes, and so was craig, tried giving it the IRA bit a few times until he was told.
bruv's been in contact with him on face book , still goes to some of their games ???him and SB were a bit of a nightmare B.I.T.D :facepalm:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Yes Spurs 1979 was probably the worst it has ever been and is unlikely to be repeated.

Southampton late 70’s very early 80’s was a bit hairy. This was the game when they climbed the floodlights.
The Cup game in 86 was the game where their fans all got held back and then let in about ten to three. They charged down from the top of the North East corner and they did look very impressive.
The Peterborough replay was a bit mad after and some of their coaches got bricked and for some reason the Argus blamed Chelsea fans for it.

Arsenal in the cup in 1988, when they were given the whole of the chicken run. That was a bit tasty afterwards too.

I also remember the Mid Sussex mob having a go at Liverpool at Brighton station on the way back from the televised cup game around 1984.

That Arsenal game in 88 was lively, especially under the bridge afterwards.

That night I was in the Black Lion and a mob of Arsenal came charging along the road carrying "for sale" signs and barstools doing windows and running over cars. They were met by a good little firm just above the seafront and left Brighton as wiser men.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I think this was a different time, could have been the same day with the one you mean
I came into West St from Duke St and about 50 WSF were running from a young Man City firm, WSF then stopped and turned on City and it went off at the junction of West St/ North St.

Think it was 82-83 season, but not sure if it was FA Cup or league game.

Cup game! they all had patrick tops on.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Loved SB, was gutted the day he died , your younger brother was at his funeral, how many of that lot are dead due to skag ? BP, JT to name a couple.

I went to school with SB. Good lad. I'm pretty sure he was led away from the Man utd end at the cup final being led around the track to a warm reception from our end.
Sad day when he died far too young.
Another who died young was DL? Maybe you knew him too.?

Jan 30, 2008
Loved SB, was gutted the day he died , your younger brother was at his funeral, how many of that lot are dead due to skag ? BP, JT to name a couple.
yes SB was a good lad always polite when he was around our house ,Nobby still knocking about don't know if he's clean or still on the booze
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
i went to school with sb. Good lad. I'm pretty sure he was led away from the man utd end at the cup final being led around the track to a warm reception from our end.
Sad day when he died far too young.
Another who died young was dl? Maybe you knew him too.?
Lewes priory school ???
regards
DR

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
yes SB was a good lad always polite when he was around our house ,Nobby still knocking about don't know if he's clean or still on the booze
regards
DR

if i am right who we are talking about - knew his sisters well (T & L if i am on the right track?), good people.

Jan 30, 2008

That Arsenal game in 88 was lively, especially under the bridge afterwards.

That night I was in the Black Lion and a mob of Arsenal came charging along the road carrying "for sale" signs and barstools doing windows and running over cars. They were met by a good little firm just above the seafront and left Brighton as wiser men.
this is the game when Hove station caught alight ?, Arsenal coming out of Goldstone lane and getting backed off by the traffic lights then getting their act together with bigger numbers
regards
DR

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Going further about this thread - I was doing research about the violence at the goldstone when I noticed on the Palarse board that they took the north stand in 1974 with 100s of fans. Well I was in the North Stand in 1974 and I don`t remember Palarse taking it. There were scuffles of course with their fans in the north just as we had our fans in the Holmesdale, but taking it - never!! (I heard about 1973 pre-season, they had a big presence in the north stand but who goes to pre-season). I remember Portsmouth in 1969 in League Cup had loads in North Stand. Bournemouth in 1972 was very tasty and they had the north for a while. Chelsea, Cardiff and Millwall had quite a few in the north mid 1970s as well. Only Spurs in 1978 actually took the north stand if my memory is good. What other teams took the north or came very close to taking the north.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Going further about this thread - I was doing research about the violence at the goldstone when I noticed on the Palarse board that they took the north stand in 1974 with 100s of fans. Well I was in the North Stand in 1974 and I don`t remember Palarse taking it. There were scuffles of course with their fans in the north just as we had our fans in the Holmesdale, but taking it - never!! (I heard about 1973 pre-season, they had a big presence in the north stand but who goes to pre-season). I remember Portsmouth in 1969 in League Cup had loads in North Stand. Bournemouth in 1972 was very tasty and they had the north for a while. Chelsea, Cardiff and Millwall had quite a few in the north mid 1970s as well. Only Spurs in 1978 actually took the north stand if my memory is good. What other teams took the north or came very close to taking the north.

Chelsea took the north stand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seem to remember arsenal doing the same. Most of the brighton fans ended up to the west end of the north stand with constant skirmishes.

Also one evening game with west ham. We got there early and noticed a mob in the middle of the north stand where the " singers" stood. First time I heard the chant " we are eeeeevill" and sure enough it all kicked off. That was a nasty game.

going further about this thread - i was doing research about the violence at the goldstone when i noticed on the palarse board that they took the north stand in 1974 with 100s of fans. Well i was in the north stand in 1974 and i don`t remember palarse taking it. There were scuffles of course with their fans in the north just as we had our fans in the holmesdale, but taking it - never!! (i heard about 1973 pre-season, they had a big presence in the north stand but who goes to pre-season). I remember portsmouth in 1969 in league cup had loads in north stand. Bournemouth in 1972 was very tasty and they had the north for a while. Chelsea, cardiff and millwall had quite a few in the north mid 1970s as well. Only spurs in 1978 actually took the north stand if my memory is good. What other teams took the north or came very close to taking the north.
Palace according to the rules of the 70's took the north stand by the fact that they stayed the whole game without getting kicked out by brighton,recall it well:facepalm:
SPURS NEVER TOOK THE SOUTH THOUGH???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here