Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worst live band/performance youve seen?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fleetwood Mac at the Expo in Gent, round about 91...they played a couple of numbers and stopped because the lead guitarist had a problem with his hand, it sounded really awful as they had just increased the volume on the base to cover up for the fact that he couldn't play a note. They then played another track before knocking it on the head, we were told to go back two weeks later for a free concert...which we did and they didn't sound any different, absolute rubbish.

It should be pointed out that I only went to the original gig to see the support act, who was Gary Moore, he was excellent.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can anyone think of a gig at the Brighton Centre that was not bad?

Even Massive Attack were boring at Brighton Centre.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Easy for me, The Stuart Adamson Band (laterly Big Country) supporting Alice Cooper at the Centre, around 82-83. They were so bad, their drummer threw his sticks into the crowd after a couple of songs, the crowd threw them back!!!!! They were dreadful. Got booed off soon after.

Sadly, Stuart Hung himself in an Hawaii hotel room 6 or 7 years ago, that's not nice.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Oasis at Wembley about 8 years ago - Liam's voice was fecking awful, and the two of them just spent the whole evening abusing the crowd.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Yes, you're right cov. Memory playing up

Still remember being disappointed though, especially as some girl I knew had bigged em up for weeks in advance

Think thats always a problem if your expectations are high. I must admit I was quite out of it at that gig so my opinion is probably blurred :D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can I add the Beautiful South in Glasgow, can't remember the year (must have been late 90's) but they had just had a bit of a hit with perfect 10, the sound wasn't too bad but the band just looked like they couldn't be arsed and would rather have been somewhere else...they just wandered round the stage smoking and drinking bottles of beer, whilst trying to play and sing at the same time.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Air at the Dome a couple of years back was dull, dull, dull

caught the last couple of minutes of the support (Joy Zipper) and that was more entertaining than the entire Air set

hated the James gig I went to as well but that's mainly because I can't stand them rather than them being incompetent

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here