Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worst live band/performance youve seen?

Rush are a quality band and I was there, wouldn't say it was bad but the memory recalls it was dissapointing a think

I was there as well! Like Rush on album but they are another one of those bands who you might as well stay at home and listen to the album. Went with a mate whose brother and friend got right up the front and apparently spent the evening wetting themselves over the clever chords that Alex Lifeson was playing on his guitar. Seem to remember the light show looked as though it had cost about 35p and consisted of coloured slides of tall buildings.

Few years later saw them again at Wembley (I hadn't learned had I) and the highpoint of their stage show were two enormous inflatable rabbits which emerged from giant to hats (their album of the time featured this on the cover). Their harcore fans were beside themselves with excitement, I just laughed.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
paper lace Top Rank suite can't remember when but they were ****

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At the risk of total embarrassment by admitting I went, John Denver at The Brighton Centre someting in the late 80's/early 90's. 'Kin awful.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Mr Ball's comments about bands who replicate their recorded sound makes me remember why I hated seeing Athlete three times during my stint up north (although, in my defence, I only did it to amuse the lass I was seeing at the time.)

Metallica were lame at Wembley last Sunday, but I doubt the leather-clad rock heads around me would have agreed. Him, in particular, were shudderingly bad and got booed off.

The Streets at Southampton Guildhall a couple of years back was predictably bad, but I went as a favour so it didn't sting too much.

Maseo at the Ocean Rooms a couple of years back was piss poor. Admittedly the place was practically empty, but he piffled about with his mixer for less than half an hour looking thoroughly bored, which was particularly upsetting given my idol worship of De La Soul. Coupling his attitude with the amount I've since heard they charge to appear seems well out of line with the spirit of their records. But hey.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Somebody mentioned it earlier, but Oasis at Wembley Stadium. They did 2 nights, I saw the first and it was terrible, the word is the second night was worse. Liam had just started seeing the girl from All Saints and they were basically on a coke frenzy, and he had to be dragged from their hotel room at the Wembley Hilton and onto the stage - not a happy Manc.
I think the first night was released as the Familiar to Millions live album, after much over-dubbing and mixing.
I also saw them at Wembley Arena a few years before that and they pretty awful too - you'd think i'd learn my lesson. Anyway, never again!!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Carter the Unstoppable sex machine - Tonbridge sport centre - just plain crap....

Japan - musically fantastic but like watching paint dry.....

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Paper Lace may have been crap but Billy don't be a hero is a classic beyond criticism

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Oh, and dire straits at the brighton centre - poor, poor, poor.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
That northern chappie that you don't see around any more - TV detective, had a country sort of band at the BC. The Mrs fancied him. Utter sh**e!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Paper Lace may have been crap but Billy don't be a hero is a classic beyond criticism

word. Top tune. I always associate it with Racing Cars - they shoot horses and another song about a boy whose mother said he would always be number 1 but then the sister is born, he gre up a fighter, something tragic happened and his sister gave birth to a little boy..... aaarrrggghhhh what's the name of that song? It's bugging me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh, they're shit live but you absolutely have to be a fan to appreciate it, so I wouldn't call it shit...

I don't dislike them, but I was ASTOUNDED by how rubbish they were to the extent that I wondered why they bothered playing live at all.

Complete bollocks.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at Brixton Academy a few years back. I'd never heard them and was under the mistaken impression that they were actually a blues band. Absolutely abysmal, it was. I saw about ten minutes of it and then f***ed off to The Beehive and got horrendously pissed. It's still the only gig I've ever walked out of.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I don't dislike them, but I was ASTOUNDED by how rubbish they were to the extent that I wondered why they bothered playing live at all.

Complete bollocks.

Because theres 3,000 people that followed them around the world, and would willing pay £100 to hear one member farting in to a microphone, if possible.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Went to the shed in Leicester last night to see my step sons band. One of the acts was this White hippy that resembled Neil from the young one's doing rap. It was so bad it was f***ing hilarious. I did not know how I contained my self when he announced "that this rap was about the weed man" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here