Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst away end you have been in watching footy.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Probably someone already mentioned this, but have come to the thread late and I'm not trawling through ten pages but................Bolton's old ground at Burnden Park.

With a sodding great building (shop? can't remember) blocking the view of the corner flag and a bit more. Plus we lost in a cup match and were crap. Plus Albion fans were getting rather antsy with one another. Just a crap place all round

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Probably someone already mentioned this, but have come to the thread late and I'm not trawling through ten pages but................Bolton's old ground at Burnden Park.

With a sodding great building (shop? can't remember) blocking the view of the corner flag and a bit more. Plus we lost in a cup match and were crap. Plus Albion fans were getting rather antsy with one another. Just a crap place all round

Yep, cold as well, see post above your first and several others as well voting for the same game….

‘‘Twas depressing

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Premier league = Chelsea or West Ham
Prior = The old Den…..or West Ham!!

Dare I throw out there that the Goldstone away end had a reputation as a bit of a shit hole too, not that I ever experienced it!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Belle Vue, Doncaster, in their final season there. Absolutely embarrassing. It rained all game, and we lost. And we had Tommy Fraser in the heart of midfield and Virgo at right back. We've come a long way.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Rochdale in early 1970s had railway sleepers and nutty slack for terracing and a five foot six inch brick wall for a urinal (no roof) in the corner. One of the less salubrious grounds I have visited.
Upstairs at QPR had the most awkward seats I can remember- impossible for me to sit down.
Must admit the shallow terracing at Hereford made it difficult to see (not only was it a difficult watch).

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Seem to remember Layer Road being particularly shite.....

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Another vote for Boundary Park - sometime in the late seventies or early eighties. Not a bad view, but when the winds were blowing the rain off the moors it was the coldest I'd ever been. We lost 4-0 too. The highlight was when the home fans sang "You're going down with the Bolton" (I think, it could have been one of a number of local rivals) we replied "We're going down with pnemonia".

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Upstairs at Loftus Road you can't see the goal at your end. At the back of the stand at Goodison Park you can't see the far touchline.
And of course Selhurst Park couldn't see the far quarter of the pitch.

theboybilly

Only one winner:

cd7a85192215447bbb8649998b6dbf89.jpg

Oh come on - that's proper 'Old School' :moo:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Any bunker style view if your're down the front Southend,Bury ,Luton . Hereford on the side below the Len Weston the supports of the stand blocking your view. Halifax in the 80s a pathway basically where local youths stood above you in the old bus station throwing everything they could get at you. Number 1 for me Somerton Park Newport County a total turd of an away end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here