Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: QUARTER FINAL TWO***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There are far more impressive clips of Honey Badgers out there, but I do like this for the way a Porcupine (still larger than the HB) tries to cause some aggro and Honey Badger doesnt even feel the need to acknowledge him. a nice piece of understated hardness.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Time for one of the biggest come backs in WHC history.

If you havent voted already and you have got this far down the page please vote team MOUSE and be part of something special.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It looks cute and cuddly to me
View attachment 62466

#teammouse
mousetrap.jpg

:facepalm:

#TeamBadger

Aug 23, 2011
The mouse may be hard, but it's not honey badger hard.
Yes the mouse takes down venomous creatures of about its own size, but it's immune to the venom.
Honey badger will have a go at anything, even with the odds well against it. For anyone who has seen the film McVicar:

I know I'm not going to win this fight, but I'll come the best ****ing second you've ever seen!

You use the immune to venom argument against the mouse yet the badger has such a thick skin that it doesn't get penetrated by the bee stings or snake bites. That is basically a form of immunity, you can't have it both ways

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You use the immune to venom argument against the mouse yet the badger has such a thick skin that it doesn't get penetrated by the bee stings or snake bites. That is basically a form of immunity, you can't have it both ways

Well leave venom immunity as a point of hardness if you like. Honey badger survives being bitten by a puff adder.

I just don't really like to include either poison attack or defence as use of poison is SNIDE therefore not HARD.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
This may be the year the HB finally takes the title (however my vote still goes to the Wolverine: HB's harder Northern cousin)..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bollocks. It is the most consistently well supported creature EVER in this competition.

Compare this to the 150 Mantis Shrimp plastics that failed to turn up at all this year.

Quite. The JCL and plastic comments are baffling. The Honey Badger is one of the only creatures to have featured every single year, and is probably the most popular single creature in terms of overall votes over the history of the WHC. Truly it is Spain pre-Euro 2008.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quite. The JCL and plastic comments are baffling. The Honey Badger is one of the only creatures to have featured every single year, and is probably the most popular single creature in terms of overall votes over the history of the WHC. Truly it is Spain pre-Euro 2008.

...or Spain during Euro 2008?

We can but hope.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The honey badger. At the end of the day, it is still a badger.

It belongs with that drongo Bodger, eating mashed potato.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bollocks. It is the most consistently well supported creature EVER in this competition.

Compare this to the 150 Mantis Shrimp plastics that failed to turn up at all this year.

I am not familiar with all the details but there seems to be some suggestion that substantially less than 150 users controlled the 150 mantis shrimp supporting accounts.

WHC in association with FIFA.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

Nah, HB is the Man United of the competition. Loads of armchair types just rooting for him cos he looks good on paper and everyone else supports him without really knowing a lot of the facts. I don't doubt a HB is hard pound-for-pound and worthy of a quarter-final place but easy pickings for too many predators. HBs are preyed by leopards, lions, hyenas and even eagles. Yes, a bird - http://www.cracked.com/article_19377_6-animals-that-kill-natures-scariest-creatures-fun_p2.html

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am not familiar with all the details but there seems to be some suggestion that substantially less than 150 users controlled the 150 mantis shrimp supporting accounts.

WHC in association with FIFA.

A number of mods and the owner of NSC himself have alluded to as much. Last year's WHC was about as transparent and above board as Qatar winning the World Cup Bid. The lack of support for the Mantis Shrimp this year speaks volumes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HBs are preyed by leopards, lions, hyenas and even eagles. Yes, a bird - http://www.cracked.com/article_19377_6-animals-that-kill-natures-scariest-creatures-fun_p2.html

Of course Leopards and Lions can kill a HB on occasion, they're much bigger than them! That's nothing against the HB. Eagles are pretty hard *******s too.

A lot of people support the HB because of his attitude, an attribute much misunderstood and undervalued by those who just vote for the biggest creatures every year without understanding what it truly means to be hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here