Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Fourteen... The knockout stages begin.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As part of the CONCACAF confederation, they've actually waited the longest.
But it's not about rotating between federations. You can't just ignore all the countries within those federations.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Danny Murphy sounded like he was about to burst into a spontaneous wank talking about Messi, apparently he’s an incredible human being…. :facepalm:
Not according to the tax man, he’s not

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Arg-Aus . . . Is the pitch as bad as it looks? It looks like they got the twat from Brighton who floods it for 3 hours before a game

How can this be ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Souttar’s a tank!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So which other country in CONCACAF do you suggest host it?
Haiti.

One of the founding members of CONCACAF, been to a WC before, and if anyone could do with an influx of money and infrastructure, they are prime candidates unfortunately. A nation that has been continually shat upon by the powers that be.

Obviously the current shitstem works that the host country pay to host, so you can ignore all of the above. But I can dream.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw something that suggested it’ll be four nations in 2030. Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Colombia, I think.

So, from having the whole thing in a country the size of Sussex to Pan continental…

48 countries involved, too.

I’m not overly averse to 48 nations, that will be fun. But what’s the need for 4 nations hosting it? Any one of them could host it. Seems messy and unfocused.
It'll be 100 years of the tournament.

Obviously there isn't a Federation on earth, so devoid of morals, they wouldn't make an emotional return to the country of origin...

...oh.

I'll hazard a guess Uruguay want it but can't afford it, much the same for Chile and Colombia.
Argentina gives the bid heft.

'But with it being the century tournament, why does it need heft?' I hear you cry.

'Cos Saudi Arabia are also rumoured to be preparing a bid'.

Say no more.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So which other country in CONCACAF do you suggest host it?
A pan-Caribbean World Cup would be great fun IMHO, give several of the islands an impressive new stadium

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But it's not about rotating between federations. You can't just ignore all the countries within those federations.
its going to be. FIFA demand stadiums of suitable size and modern enough, no one* has the stadiums to host the current format, let alone the expansion. then the infrastructure of all the crowds.

* maybe top european nations do . remember Brazil had to build half a dozen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here