A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leon Best. Clue’s in the the name.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll stick my neck on the line and suggest that Ensico and Buonanotte will turn out to be World class in the not too distant future. Up there with Vicente at his peak.

I really hope we can hang onto them for a couple more seasons but I would not be surprised to see offers in the summer that will sorely tempt TB for Enciso. Worrying that RDZ was talking about how good he could be IF he stays here.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Do we have any ? Was Lawrenson in that category ?
Great question Cyanide, like everything else is open to question.

It’s getting tight now but IMHO Lawrenson just about remains the greatest player to pull on an Albion shirt.

Amongst others three people apparently stated that had he not got injured at the optimum time, Lawrenson would have played on the World stage at Italia 90 and been lauded as truly world class, those three people were Jackie Charlton, Sir Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness, but what do they know? 😂

What‘s the definition of World Class?

Many still maintain that the England World Cup squad of 1970 contained 5 world class players, the most we’ve ever had, Banks, Cooper (who was apparently one of the best left backs in the world before he broke his leg) Moore, Bobby Charlton and Peters.

We’ve never got near there since apparently , but on that benchmark surely Alexis MacAllister has got to be in that catergory on his current international firm?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Great question Cyanide, like everything else is open to question.

It’s getting tight now but IMHO Lawrenson just about remains the greatest player to pull on an Albion shirt.

Amongst others three people apparently stated that had he not got injured at the optimum time, Lawrenson would have played on the World stage at Italia 90 and been lauded as truly world class, those three people were Jackie Charlton, Sir Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness, but what do they know? 😂

What‘s the definition of World Class?

Many still maintain that the England World Cup squad of 1970 contained 5 world class players, the most we’ve ever had, Banks, Cooper (who was apparently one of the best left backs in the world before he broke his leg) Moore, Bobby Charlton and Peters.

We’ve never got near there since apparently , but on that benchmark surely Alexis MacAllister has got to be in that catergory on his current international firm?
I'd add Colin Bell to the world class players in the England 1970 World Cup Squad. I remember every World Cup finals since 1958 , and 1970 was, to my mind, the strongest England squad in that time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'd add Colin Bell to the world class players in the England 1970 World Cup Squad. I remember every World Cup finals since 1958 , and 1970 was, to my mind, the strongest England squad in that time.
Cuthbert I don’t think we will ever get a stronger England squad, time and the game has moved on.

I think Colin Bell was another Lawrenson, whilst the City faithful did, I don’t think we ever saw how truly good he was on the world stage because of both injury and England’s failure to qualify in 74 and 78.

England wise, hypothetically obviously but had we made it in 74 and the likes of Currie, Hudson, Marsh and Worthington had been given the opportunities on the world stage, would the history of English football have been totally rewritten?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Caicedo and MacAllister are world class footballers i.e. they’d play in any side on the planet and make it better - even Manchester City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here