Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] World class Albion players ?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
My view of "world class" is a player that would walk into the 1st team of any club in the world (notwithstanding whoever they currently have in place in a given position)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A world class player is someone who the whole footballing world know about. If you play in the top leagues and you stand out then you world class. Obviously World Cups and Champions League is the highest.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So I think Caciedo and Mac are. Estupian could be.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think whoever are top scorers in the Premier League are generally world class. Maybe an occasion exception.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
MacAllister and Richard Tiltman of course.
I played against Richard Tillman. Trust me he WAS world class. He scored 8 and then he played centre half for the second half and marked me…. We went down unluckily 15-0… Montague Athletic it was.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I wouldn't say we have any players who are currently world class. Caicedo will possibly get there in 1 or 2 seasons, as could Ali Mac. Estupinian is close but I doubt there is much improvement to come from him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I played against Richard Tillman. Trust me he WAS world class. He scored 8 and then he played centre half for the second half and marked me…. We went down unluckily 15-0… Montague Athletic it was.
I’ll always defend Tilts.

Scored at championship level.
Outstanding for Worthing in the great Barry Lloyd team.

There were a lot of worse players at the Albion.

Not world class though 😂. Sorry Tilts.

I’ll go with…..
Lawrenson
MacAllister
Caicedo
Vicente

I’ll throw in Estupinan as well, based on his World Cup displays.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
McAllister and Caicedo.... which of course worries me as both may not be here come August ergo we will have to rebuild the midfield.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some people set too high a criteria. I’ve heard many Talksport arguments amongst the pundits where the fussy protagonist basically only accepts Messi and Ronaldo, then they argue about the merits of Modric and Ibrahamovic. The theory, they’ve never won a WC, Euros or Copa.

Completely silly. Being born in the wrong country comes into play, whilst defenders rarely get a look in.

VVD, De Bruyne, Ederson, Alisson, Walker, Kane, Salah are world class in my opinion. Ashley Cole was.

I think those pundits are confusing “the greatest players to have ever played the game” with world class in their position at the moment of the discussion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chris Holdroyd
Daniel Webb

End of thread.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some people set too high a criteria. I’ve heard many Talksport arguments amongst the pundits where the fussy protagonist basically only accepts Messi and Ronaldo, then they argue about the merits of Modric and Ibrahamovic. The theory, they’ve never won a WC, Euros or Copa.

Completely silly. Being born in the wrong country comes into play, whilst defenders rarely get a look in.

VVD, De Bruyne, Ederson, Alisson, Walker, Kane, Salah are world class in my opinion. Ashley Cole was.

I think those pundits are confusing “the greatest players to have ever played the game” with world class in their position at the moment of the discussion.
Most of our current first 11 are - as they’re amongst the best 15/20 teams in the world no? And David Lee.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here